converting mountain bike to road bike??
I plan on converting my trek 930 single track (rigid fork) MTB into a touring bike.
so far, people have recommended getting:
-nitto dirt drop stem, more upright so more comfortable
-Dia-Compe 287-V "Æro" levers, designed to pull more cable for v-brakes
-continental Top Touring 2000 tires, versatile for rough patches of dirt road...
questions for those wiser than me:
1. what kind of handlebars should i get? moustache bars vs drop bars for distances?
2. what kind of shifters should i get? i will probably go with bar-end shifters because i don't think the MTB has places to attach downtube shifters. or can those be clamped on? i currently use grip shifters, will bar end shifters be compatible with the rest of the current drivetrain parts?
3. would it be a good idea to change the cassette?
4. is there a 26" wheelset that is designed for touring?
5. any other alterations that would make this conversion more beneficial? i'm trying to take this bike through southeast asia.
thanks a lot!