User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Raleigh Elan, Raleigh M-Trax 600, Raleigh custom ATB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low-rider front racks for Cannondale T800

Just wondering what's a good set of front racks for a Cannondale T800. The Tubus ones are a bit out of my range though I was going to get some Blackburn CL1 low-riders but I'm not sure they will fit regarding the fork mountings. It looks like there are only bolt-on on the outer sides of the fork (from what I can see from the pictures).

My front panniers will take anything 8mm to 16mm. There won't be too much weight in the panniers. All suggestions gratefully received

Cheers!

My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix Apex, Cannondale T2000, Cannondale Rize, Stumpjumper M5 Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed a Jandd Extreme front on my new T800, so no trip report yet, but it fits nicely with a 1/4" spacer on each of the mid-fork braze-ons, and has a nice utilitarian look. I have used this same rack on another bike and it worked well. What I like about the Extreme is how solid it is, plus the ability to mount the bags high or low, and the useful shelf on top. The low mount is actually more of a mid-height position, not too low, which I prefer. The only real drawback is it weighs a bit much (2+ lbs). But solid. A nice setup for about $60-70, and easy to find.
    Specialized Roubaix SL4 Disc, Cannondale T2000 (touring), Stumpjumper M5 (Mtn - hardtail), Cannondale Rize4 (Mtn - full susp)

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Gunnar Roadie, Trek Fuel EX, Fisher Twenty Niner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are correct in thinking that the blackburn will not work, we have tried...

you will need something with a connecting "hoop" such as the Tubus or Jandd. The Blackburns with connecting hoop do not work, the cannondale fork blades are too big.
    gunnarroadiesurlylonghaultruckergiantcypressstgunnarruffiantrekfuel90

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CL1s that I looked at today are the ones without the connecting loop/arch and fit as 2 individually-mounted racks mid-fork (picture attached) with a bolt either side of the fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix Apex, Cannondale T2000, Cannondale Rize, Stumpjumper M5 Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're better off with a rack that is all one unit - it will be more rigid and stable. Either with a hoop, like the Tara, or a shelf like the Jandd.

Hmm, I seem to have missed the lesson on thumbnails...

Specialized Roubaix SL4 Disc, Cannondale T2000 (touring), Stumpjumper M5 (Mtn - hardtail), Cannondale Rize4 (Mtn - full susp)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update: I tried the Jandd at Greggs Greenlake but it looked to big & bulky for what I needed. I ended up fitting the Tara myself in the shop with them altering the fender struts. All appears fine so far.

Thanks for the advice
    Cheers