Will probably be riding the C & O in its entirety some time this spring or summer. Between a few websites and a search on this BB, I still have a few other questions that I'd like some help with:
1. Is there any recent beta available on towpath conditions? The NPS site's info. is dated 2000.
2. Is it possible to do this ride on a dedicated touring bike w/ 32mm tires or is the surface demanding of a MTB? Note: we'll be camping and self-supported, hence the desire for using the touring bikes.
3. Can anyone suggest a good mapset/guidebook?
4. Any advantage in riding from Mile 184 to Mile 0 (downhill!)?
5. Any good beer emporiums/microbreweries along the way?
6. Any other info. you can provide would be much appreciated!