As part of a longer ride I will be riding from Vienna to Salzburg. The plan is to follow the Danube cycle path to Passau then on to Salzburg via Braunau.
I will be leaving Vienna around September 1. It is about 400km's and I plan to take 7-8 days.
I have a few questions:
1) What are the best towns to visit?
2) What are the best sites to see?
3) Places to stay on a budget?
4) How popular is that area early in September? Do I need to book accommodation or will it be easy to find?
5) Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance for your assistance. Any comments will help.