Yesterday, I test rode 3 touring bikes:
1). Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30
- not overly comfortable for me, top tube too long
- rode a little rough
2). Surly Long Haul Trucker
- nice comfortable ride
- soaks up bumps
- very stable
3). Marinoni Turismo
- smooth as Surly
- very responsive
- lighter than alternatives
- will not fit 700 X 38C tires with fenders
At this point, I am falling in love with the Marinoni but I have a few questions.
1). Has anyone toured with a Marinoni Tourismo? How much load? Any feedback?
2). What about the Tourismo Extreme?
- different geometry
- called Marinoni and they said it will accomodate 700 X 38C with fenders and confirmed that Tourismo won't
- haven't seen one, haven't ridden one but it sure sounds promising
I would be happy with the LHT but the Tourismo Extreme sounds like it may be a better fit