Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: T800 T2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T800 T2000

I was browsing the Cannondale site and I have a few questions about these bikes.
    Which one is the higher end model?
    Do they share the same frame? The site does not specify this.
    Fittings for fenders and racks?
    And some of the older models have less than ideal gearing. Do only the newest models have the 26 tooth ring up front?
    Lastly, Canadian dealers seem far and few between regarding these bikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ricohman,

The T2000 is the higher end model, if you take a close look at the components used on the two bikes. Example, the read derailleur or rims. As far as I know, both the T800 and T 2000 have the same frame but they do have different forks (though both are made of steel). I own a 2002 T 2000 model and have enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Yes, both have fittings for front and rear racks, front and rear fenders, three water bottle attachment points as well.
    As far as I know, the new Cannondale Tourers have the 26 tooth chainring unlike the 28 tooth it replaced a couple of years ago. That said, when I bought mine I asked the LBS to switch out the small chainring for a 24 toothed righ which was no problem.
    Sorry, but cant help with your Canadian dealer question. Hope this helps. Also check out ebay, sometimes these bikes show up listed and for great prices.

good luck
    crock48

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Bicycle Sports Pacific in Vancouver carries them. Unfortunately, not close to Sask.

Here's their link for the T2000:
    http://bspbikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?...andasc&id=1600

I can't find the T800 on their website but I'd be surprised if they don't carry it.
    '07 Marinoni Turismo Touring, '83 Trek 620 Touring, Trek 1500wsd road bike
    Trek Fuel EX7 MTB, Fuji MTB, Need a bigger garage!

Slowpoach
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Northwood tandem, 1970s Gitane fixxed 45x16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Same frame
    - Nicer components on the 2000, the T800 is still nice but the 2000 is really slick. Also comes with good tyres. Buy 2K if you can afford it, it is a beautiful bike.
    - New (Touring Classic?) model comes with good racks front and back, bottle cages, basically fully equipped BUT has same gearing as the Trek 520. T800 and T2000 both have good touring gearing (24-34 at the back I think; might be 26-34, still spinning madly at walking pace, fine either way).
    - Only one rear eyelet. If you want mudguards, discuss how to mount them with the shop, and get them to install (they will have to bend the stays to get the mudguards to fit if you want them mounted outboard of the rack)
    - Beware toe overlap, which is a big problem in the smaller sizes of the cannondales. Not so much an issue with the larger frames (but still present to some degree). Other than that, great riding bikes.
    - Also, the smaller sizes have little room for water bottles.

If you are in Canada you might be able to test ride a Rocky Mountain Sherpa which people on this forum seem to like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave View Post
    - Same frame
    - Nicer components on the 2000, the T800 is still nice but the 2000 is really slick. Also comes with good tyres. Buy 2K if you can afford it, it is a beautiful bike.
    - New (Touring Classic?) model comes with good racks front and back, bottle cages, basically fully equipped BUT has same gearing as the Trek 520. T800 and T2000 both have good touring gearing (24-34 at the back I think; might be 26-34, still spinning madly at walking pace, fine either way).
    - Only one rear eyelet. If you want mudguards, discuss how to mount them with the shop, and get them to install (they will have to bend the stays to get the mudguards to fit if you want them mounted outboard of the rack)
    - Beware toe overlap, which is a big problem in the smaller sizes of the cannondales. Not so much an issue with the larger frames (but still present to some degree). Other than that, great riding bikes.
    - Also, the smaller sizes have little room for water bottles.

If you are in Canada you might be able to test ride a Rocky Mountain Sherpa which people on this forum seem to like.
    Thanks everyone for the info.
    These bikes seem to have the gearing I'm after although it is puzzling why there aren't two sets of eyelets for fenders.
    I ride a 58 comfortably so depending on the bike toe overlap will be something I will have to live with.
    Its nice to know the frame set is the same however I would think the ride out of the T800 fork may be more forgiving on rough roads.
    I have been pricing locally as I would like to get a new bike this winter but the local shop that sells Cannondale didn't bring any in.

Slowpoach
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T800, Northwood tandem, 1970s Gitane fixxed 45x16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its nice to know the frame set is the same however I would think the ride out of the T800 fork may be more forgiving on rough roads.
    This was part of my reasoning (along with price) for going with the T800, but it is a pretty heavy-duty fork with next to no give on it. If it is the only thing influencing you, go the T2K.

Run the tyres at 40-50 PSI if cushioning is an issue.