Saw this on another site - closure list includes at least 4 parks/beaches on the Pacific Coast bike route with Hiker/Biker sites. Please help!
State Park Cuts in the FY 08-09 Budget
* Closure of 48 state parks, including 17 state parks, 17 state historic parks and museums, 3 state beaches, 9 state recreation areas and 2 state reserves (See the full list here)
* Reduce staffing at least 50 percent for lifeguards on state beaches in Orange, San Diego and Santa Cruz Counties
* $4.4 million cut from management and operations of state park system
Mid-Year State Park Cuts in the FY 07-08 Budget
* Revert $30 million General Fund support that was earmarked for deferred maintenance purposes; take from Proposition 84 funds and backfill $30 million cut
* $1 million reduction from general operating support
The list of parks is really serious! Aside from Coe, the list also includes Tomales Bay, San Simeon, Salton Sea, and Portola Redwoods.
For more info, see: http://www.savestateparks.org/