I have been thinking about what rides I want to do in the next several years. I started a list of places I wanted to go that were 1 week or more worth of riding. I am not much on touring for less than a week and prefer longer rides. I hope that others will pipe up with some more options for trips that should be on the must do list. Also feel free to comment on the choices already on my list.
My prototype "must do" list, in no particular order:
1. Pacific Coast Highway - Great scenery, great food, and readily available camping put this one on my must do list. I have ridden and driven pieces of this one, but really want to do the whole coast. Could possibly do this one in 2008.
2. Baja Peninsula - Sounds like a great trip. Maybe combine it with the PCH trip? How much problem would it be for someone who speaks only a handful of words of Spanish?
3. Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway - I will probably do this one in 2008. I saw just a bit of it while doing the TA in 2007 and was impressed.
3. Colorado Rockies - Not sure what exact route, but I loved the part I saw on the TA and would like more.
4. TransAmerica - Not really on the must do list, but it would be if I hadn't already done it in 2007.
5. Northern Tier - I like the concept of coast to coast tours and this looks like a great one.
6. Southern Tier - I like the concept of coast to coast tours and the idea of a southern winter tour sounds good.
7. Great Parks North - Sounds amazing and I haven't seen much of the area.
8. Great Parks South - Again, sounds amazing and I haven't seen a lot of the parks.
9 Great Divide - Not sure if this is really on my list or not, but I like the idea in concept.
10. Perimeter Tour - This one may be more in the crazy idea category than the must do category, but I am thinking that combining the Atlantic Coast, Northern Tier, Pacific Coast and Southern Tier would be a great way to spend 6 months or a bit more.