My bride-to-be and I are planning a train ride/bike tour to N. California in early July for our honeymoon. The link below is our route, going from Sausalito counter-clockwise. We'll plan to end back in San Francisco (mapmyride.com really bogs down around 170 miles, so I couldn't complete the route to San Fran).
Specific questions I have are:
1. Are there any camping options near Nicasio or on the Point Reyes NS road toward Petaluma?
2. I hear the Nicasio Road and Hwy 1 east of Muir Beach are fairly treacherous. Your take on these roads and bike safety throughout the route (suggested riding times, etc.)?
3. Best way to get bikes from Berkeley to San Francisco? We'll be heading that direction sometime around 9 or 10am.
4. Hot springs recommendations along the way?
5. Cool things for non-drinkers to see in Napa Valley?
Any other general info/suggestions for this route are greatly appreciated! Thanks to those that responded to my previous post.