Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Human
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    deep south summer tour

    My summer tour will last about 2 weeks covering around 1000 miles. I will start in atlanta and ride to columbus ga, panacea fl, live oak fl, wayross ga (okefenokee swamp) brunswick ga (hostel in the forest), savannah ga, and back to atlanta. Anyone have experience touring through these places?

  2. #2
    Hooked on Touring
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of miles.
    Lots of heat.
    Lots of dogs.
    Lots of skeeters.

  3. #3
    Slow Rider bwgride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    811
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which routes to you plan to take? You should mark your potential route, say with

    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

    and post the saved link here. Once we know your route we can then provide better feedback.

    I can say this -- if you plan to camp be prepared for some restless nights with high humidity.

  4. #4
    __________ seeker333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maidenvoyage View Post
    My summer tour will last about 2 weeks covering around 1000 miles. I will start in atlanta and ride to columbus ga, panacea fl, live oak fl, wayross ga (okefenokee swamp) brunswick ga (hostel in the forest), savannah ga, and back to atlanta. Anyone have experience touring through these places?
    Something like this is done every year as an organized group ride.

    http://www.brag.org/events.html

  5. #5
    Human
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    google maps for routes

    Quote Originally Posted by bwgride View Post
    Which routes to you plan to take? You should mark your potential route, say with

    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

    and post the saved link here. Once we know your route we can then provide better feedback.

    I can say this -- if you plan to camp be prepared for some restless nights with high humidity.
    i'm having trouble saving my route with google.com maps. i made a route by dragging and clicking and can't get it past the "search results" tab, into the "saved side" tab. i've done it a bunch of times now and it's getting annoying, anyone have advice?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    7,500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maidenvoyage View Post
    i'm having trouble saving my route with google.com maps. i made a route by dragging and clicking and can't get it past the "search results" tab, into the "saved side" tab. i've done it a bunch of times now and it's getting annoying, anyone have advice?
    In the upper right there is a "Link to this page" thing - click on that, a link box appears, copy that, create a new favorite, and past that link as the URL.

    cheers
    ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •