A spinoff thread from my camping ramble thread, in which my touring partner and I experience our camping deflowering.
My tent was a Eureka Solitaire, a 1-person tent that was designed for bike touring. The tent is sized to fit one person (It's almost 3 feet wide by 8 feet long). While I think it's a very good tent, I'd prefer some more room. Based on camping experience, are any of these features useful and worth hauling and paying for? I suspect I can't find all of the features I'd like on this budget.
- It was a rainy night, and getting in and out of the tent in the rain wasn't much fun. A small vestibule might be good for this, but is it worth hauling around?
- A 3-season tent should work. I don't see myself camping in the snow.
- Something large enough to keep at least some of my gear accesiblee inside the tent would be good. A small hanging shelf would be useful, for oft-accessed stuff - mostly the alarm clock and iPod.
- Something I can sit up in! The solitaire starts to feel like a roomy coffin after a while.
- I'd like to stay under $200 if I can manage it; is this realistic?
Thanks! (I'm not asking to be spoonfed with specific models, just what features tend to be useful.)
Note: I'm keeping this updated, edits are in italics.