Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help price my used T2000

I feel lame asking you folks, but I can't find any comparable used bikes on the craigslist/ebay market right now.

It's a 56 cm (or thereabouts) 2001 Cannondale T2000 with a total of about 13,000 miles ridden on it over the last 7 years. I've toured a little and commuted on it a lot, but taken good care of it. Bottom bracket and wheel bearings are all maintained and in good shape, etc. I'm kinda bummed to sell it, but I just don't ride it anymore. My old faithful has been...replaced!

Is $500 too much to ask for it on craigslist? Should I ask more for it? Less? Thanks for your educated opinions.

[also, it'll have a cheapy stock seat, a serviceable rear rack and full fenders]

It's true, man.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T1000, Inbred SS 29er, Supercaliber 29er, Crescent Mark XX, Burley Rumba Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's too much, you'll know when no one buys it, then you can drop he price and relist it.

My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix Apex, Cannondale T2000, Cannondale Rize, Stumpjumper M5 Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the frame and components are in pretty good shape I wouldn't ask any less than $600. Good bike for someone who wants to tour and needs a bike in that price range.. Have the wheels been trued lately? If they're Mavic T520's they should last a good long time. Ask yourself if you would tour on it tomorrow, if it needs work then adjust the price accordingly. Put it on Craigslist and the Adventure Touring site, it may take awhile but I think it would definitely sell at that price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL4 Disc, Cannondale T2000 (touring), Stumpjumper M5 (Mtn - hardtail), Cannondale Rize4 (Mtn - full susp)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnroads View Post
    If the frame and components are in pretty good shape I wouldn't ask any less than $600. Good bike for someone who wants to tour and needs a bike in that price range.. Have the wheels been trued lately? If they're Mavic T520's they should last a good long time. Ask yourself if you would tour on it tomorrow, if it needs work then adjust the price accordingly. Put it on Craigslist and the Adventure Touring site, it may take awhile but I think it would definitely sell at that price.
    Thanks for the advice here. Very helpful. This is a great bike and I think I'll go with $600 obo.

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I search regularly on Ebay for touring bikes. If I could find a good buy in my wife's size I'd buy it, even though her self-employed situation won't let her tour for several years. This is relevant to your post because I have been unable to find a good tourer that's cheap enough to buy when we don't really need it. The price of good touring bikes seems to stay very high. So even though your Cannondale has a lot of miles, it's a really nice tourer. Like others have said, if it's in good shape there seem to be people willing to pay. I'd go with the $600 figure and see what happens.

Personally, I'll probably end up waiting until she can actually go with me and then buy her something brand new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold for $600 within one day and both parties were very happy.

--thanks, all.