So I want to build a touring bike for some upcoming trips (Northwest) and have been tossing around a few different frame builders and ideas. I would love some feedback from you more experienced riders out there.
First of all, let me say that I would like to build a "general touring bike" (mostly tarmac, some fire-roads and a touch of dirt), but one that could be used for more extensive adventure touring later on.
I am planning on running a Rohloff.
here are the questions...
1) 700's or 26's?
2) what do we think of Rodriguez bicycles?
3) Disc brakes or rim brakes?
4) what about IF Steel Independence? (worth the wait and $$$?)
6) LHT? seems like a good knock around frame, but how does it compare?
7) Those Big Dummies look amazing. is that completely impractical?
That's about all I have for now. Really appreciate the help.