okay, i need some advice.
I am pretty new to cycling and heading over to Denmark for a 3 week vacation. I plan to do some long/touring riding of 150-200miles a day at a pace of 15-17miles/hour. If anyone could give me some advice on the whole touring thing, what i should bring, sleeping arrangement, etc.
Here is my list so far:
- IRO Mark V single speed
- Multi Tool (everything to take my bike apart, besides chain tool, and wrench to tighten my wheel bolts
- and take off my pedals)
- air pump w/ gauge
- Spare Tube
- Tire Patch Kit (10 w/ glue)
- 550mL Water Bottle
- 2 x 1L Nalgene Bottle
- 2 x White T-Shirts
- Bicycle Short
- 2 x Soccer Shorts (my chode is steal, i can ride about 80miles without padding, no problem)
- Long Sleeve Under armor summer wear
- 4 x pairs of socks
- Black Berry Curve & Charger
- Passport/ID/Cash/Credit cards
- I-Pod Nano 16GB & I-River 8GB
For food Im bringing this to denmark, but dont know how much I will be taking on my 2-3 day trips:
- Box of 20 Cliff Bars
- Box of 40 nature valley Bars
Here is what i am going to buy/find at my rents house:
- Insect Repellent
- Combo Wrench (box/open)
- Fleece hoodie
- Northface Hydration Pack (going to strap it to the rear rack instead of getting a rear pack)
- Sleeping bag (I might just sow the hole up in my down sleeping bag and use that)
- Rear Rack
- Left & Right Panniers
- Bike cover
- waterproof bag for sleeping bags to sleep in when it rains.
I am kind of nervous on doing this trip, cause im going to a different country, even though most Danes and Scandinavians speak english very well, but i still have my reservations since i am in a different country.
My itinerary is going to try to do a few day trips from Copenhagen (Kobenhavn), DK to Malmo, SE; Kobenhavn, DK to Aarhus, DK ; Kobenhavn, DK to Hamburg, DE to Berlin, DE, then either take the train back. that is my tentative schedule at the momment, if anyone is in the area and wants to join me i would gladly accept the company.
but yeah any advice would be appreciated or suggestions of things to bring or leave out.