Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice score on a T800!

Ive been wanting a touring bike for some time now and I finally found one... on craigslist! I bought this for $350. I think its a 2001 model, not positive though. Its in great shape, doesn't look like its been ridden much. All components appear to be original. Just need to find a new saddle. I'm planning on riding from Chicago to San Diego when I graduate next year. Ive been reading a lot of good things about this bike. Does anyone know what this would be worth today? I know new ones are going for close to $1000.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one hand it's sad so many bikes get bought and never get ridden, but at the same time it means you can score a sweet ride at a low price....congrats enjoy your bike and your graduation tour.
    safe riding - Vik
    VikApproved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that the rig fits you of course, I think you got a decent CL deal. If you wanted to turn a profit you could get at least that on eBay.

I think if you keep looking for a few years you *might* have gotten a better deal (depending on your area) but I am sure you'd see far more worse deals. Congratulations and start tossing miles at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.
    Good value for the money.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike! Congratulations! Looking at the archives on the Cannondale website, it definately appears to be an '01. (looks very much like my '98 T1000) The model should 've come with fenders as well, but whatever. As far as what the bike might be worth IMHO, in perfect condition?... ~$6-700? Before you go on your tour next year, I'd suggest having the (wheel) hubs repacked and consider swapping the 30 tooth granny ring (if that's what it still has) with a smaller one. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by thecrunge; 08-29-08 at 04:22 PM.