I have an unexpected weekend to myself. Martha (Mrs. neilfein) is working next weekend - the weekend of the digital transition - and I'm on my own. I've done many of the obvious tours in NJ. Requirements:
- I need to be able to get to the starting point by train, or start from home (Highland Park/ New Brunswick)
- The route should end up in Monmouth Junction on Sunday (where Martha works)
- There should be a campsite in the middle
- In the ballpark of 35-45 miles a day
Thats' about it. Here are a few possible routes:
Of course, I'd love to hear other ideas. Please vote and give me feedback!
Valley Forge Norristown to Monmouth Junction, by way of Trenton
Edit: if I do this one, it'll be Philadelphia to Washington Crossing, then on to Monmouth Junction.
- Atlantic City to Monmouth Junction, through the Pine Barrens
Updated to include bike-friendly streets
- Bay Head to Monmouth Junction, by way of Red Bank
- Highland Park (home) - Round Valley State Park - loop