Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-09, 02:35 PM   #1
DBC Steve
Co-Mo mojo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: 06/07 Co-Mo Speedster, Cannondale Synapse, SR 800, Specialized Hard Rock
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for Quebec jersey

We just got back from a great tour from Montreal to Quebec City on La Route Verte -- and would be glad to answer any questions about that ride!

We'd like to get jerseys with the Fleur de Lis and/or the Quebec flag on them, but the only one we can find on line has a wavy, stylized flag on both front and rear made by LG. On the ride we saw someone with a solid blue jersey with a white Fleur de Lis on the back (did not see the front), and that would be great if we could find something like that. Anyone have info? I've spent some time with Google, with no luck.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited by DBC Steve; 09-27-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typing mistake
DBC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 01:55 PM   #2
seaworthy
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bar Harbor, ME
Bikes: Lemond Zurich, Cannondale T2000, Specialized Rockhopper
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, we just back from the same ride! We went via Mount Orford, Magog & Sherbrooke--beautiful but steeply hilly.

We stopped in a lot of local bike shops along the way, but I wasn't on the lookout for Quebec jerseys. You might want to check in with the LBS in Magog (they were huge and a large selection of jerseys), and with the LBs in lower Quebec City (down near the market and the train station). Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of the shops.

Good luck.

/mcr
seaworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 05:27 PM   #3
velonomad 
Older I get, Better I was
 
velonomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Greenfield Lake, Wilmington NC
Bikes: '14 BD Lurch Fatbike, '10 custom road,'06 custom expedition, '94 Yokota Tandem, '88 custom MTB
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My wife and were in Quebec city a few months ago with our tandem. There is two large bike shops near the waterfront ; Sports Experts ( a chain I think) and Cyclo. I bought a couple things at Cyclo, I recall they had a good selection of clothing, so they might be a good place to ask. Their phone number is (418) 692-4052‎
velonomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 06:21 PM   #4
Machka 
Long Distance Cyclist
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I ride where the thylacine roamed!
Bikes: Lots
Posts: 45,751
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
http://www.cyclecanada.com/VCJersey.html

Or is that the one you've already seen?
Machka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:37 PM   #5
DBC Steve
Co-Mo mojo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: 06/07 Co-Mo Speedster, Cannondale Synapse, SR 800, Specialized Hard Rock
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaworthy View Post
Wow, we just back from the same ride! We went via Mount Orford, Magog & Sherbrooke--beautiful but steeply hilly.

We stopped in a lot of local bike shops along the way, but I wasn't on the lookout for Quebec jerseys. You might want to check in with the LBS in Magog (they were huge and a large selection of jerseys), and with the LBS in lower Quebec City (down near the market and the train station). Unfortunately, I don't remember the names of the shops.

Good luck.

/mcr
Great riding! We skipped Mount Orford since we had road bikes and rain was forecasted. Spent 3 nights in Magog, with day trips to North Hatley and Abby St Benoit du Lac. Checked out that great LBS in Magog, but no luck (but a great shop, with a very helpful owner). Bypassed Sherbrooke, stayed in a great B&B in Warwick with Denis and Ginette -- wish we had more time there. Last day from Plessisville to Quebec City was mostly in the rain. We took the train back to Montreal, then plane back to California. Already thinking about next year on La Route Verte....

Last edited by DBC Steve; 09-27-09 at 08:46 PM.
DBC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:39 PM   #6
DBC Steve
Co-Mo mojo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: 06/07 Co-Mo Speedster, Cannondale Synapse, SR 800, Specialized Hard Rock
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machka View Post
http://www.cyclecanada.com/VCJersey.html

Or is that the one you've already seen?
Yep -- but thanks. I think the one I saw riding into Magog was one that had been in stock in one of the Quebec City bike shops -- they told us they sold out in two weeks early in the summer, they were so popular. I may get the wavy flag one on the Cycle Canada web site or just wait for the perfect jersey ... like the perfect ride.

It's been a while since I've posted to this list, but our greater involvement in touring -- including loaded touring -- is due in part to your many helpful posts -- thanks again, Machka.

Steve

Last edited by DBC Steve; 09-27-09 at 08:43 PM.
DBC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 08:52 AM   #7
seaworthy
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bar Harbor, ME
Bikes: Lemond Zurich, Cannondale T2000, Specialized Rockhopper
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC Steve View Post
Great riding! We skipped Mount Orford since we had road bikes and rain was forecasted. Spent 3 nights in Magog, with day trips to North Hatley and Abby St Benoit du Lac. Checked out that great LBS in Magog, but no luck (but a great shop, with a very helpful owner). Bypassed Sherbrooke, stayed in a great B&B in Warwick with Denis and Ginette -- wish we had more time there. Last day from Plessisville to Quebec City was mostly in the rain. We took the train back to Montreal, then plane back to California. Already thinking about next year on La Route Verte....
Mount Orford was some great cycling, but, yes, it would've been impossible on skinny tires.

We *should've* skipped Sherbrooke, but North Hatley was too close for the day and Warwick too far. Sherbrooke had little to offer (other than great Mauritian food and steep hills), while North Hatley & Warwick seemed like fun spots to roost for a bit. Had great croissant & capuccino in North Hatley, and a great second breakfast at La Maison des Fromages in Warwick--it all comes down to food, right?

Some of our pix:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael...331133/detail/
seaworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 11:13 AM   #8
DBC Steve
Co-Mo mojo
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: 06/07 Co-Mo Speedster, Cannondale Synapse, SR 800, Specialized Hard Rock
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaworthy View Post
Mount Orford was some great cycling, but, yes, it would've been impossible on skinny tires.

We *should've* skipped Sherbrooke, but North Hatley was too close for the day and Warwick too far. Sherbrooke had little to offer (other than great Mauritian food and steep hills), while North Hatley & Warwick seemed like fun spots to roost for a bit. Had great croissant & capuccino in North Hatley, and a great second breakfast at La Maison des Fromages in Warwick--it all comes down to food, right?

Some of our pix:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael...331133/detail/
And some of our pics are here:

http://gallery.dbcnewsletter.org/v/September+2009/

Friends had strongly recommended skipping Sherbrooke, and good to hear it was good advice. 2+ days in Magog was perfect for us. Enjoyed your pictures.

Last edited by DBC Steve; 09-29-09 at 11:19 AM.
DBC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 AM.