Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member BigBlueToe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Posts
    3,388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Next REI 20% Off Coupon - When?

    Okay, I blew it. When I got my REI 20% off coupon I thought I didn't need anything expensive enough to make using it worthwhile. Then I went on a spring tour in Zion Canyon and found that my sleeping bag wasn't warm enough for cold weather. I want to buy a really good, down bag. That's expensive. 20% off would really help. Any idea when they might be offering another one?

  2. #2
    ah.... sure. kayakdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whidbey Island WA
    My Bikes
    Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..
    Posts
    4,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    March 18th this year.. I suppose quite similar next.
    Save 15% on your first order at Hammer Nutrition!!

    2010 Giant TCR SL 3
    2010 Novara Randonee

  3. #3
    ah.... sure. kayakdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whidbey Island WA
    My Bikes
    Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..
    Posts
    4,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueToe View Post
    Okay, I blew it. When I got my REI 20% off coupon I thought I didn't need anything expensive enough to make using it worthwhile. Then I went on a spring tour in Zion Canyon and found that my sleeping bag wasn't warm enough for cold weather. I want to buy a really good, down bag. That's expensive. 20% off would really help. Any idea when they might be offering another one?
    I'd also suggest giving Feathered Friends a call.. ask them when their yearly sale happens. In my opinion they are the best bags made. Handcrafted in Seattle.
    Save 15% on your first order at Hammer Nutrition!!

    2010 Giant TCR SL 3
    2010 Novara Randonee

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    My Bikes
    '93 Bridgestone MB-3, '88 Marinoni road bike, '00 Marinoni Piuma, '01 Riv A/R
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past, I've seen 20% coupons from REI in the fall (late Sept. - early October). They used to be a little more frequent, but apparently too many people got in the habit of waiting for the next 20% coupon for their big purchases.

    FWIW, combining the dividend on a full price item with the 5% store credit from using the REI Visa card gets you a total of close to 15%. Not quite as nice as 20%, but better than nothing.

    Get on REI's "Gearmail" e-mail list, that should keep you informed about sales, discount coupons and everything else.
    Last edited by markf; 05-11-10 at 08:28 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    Senior Member TrekFix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have an REI store near you, look to see when they are having their next garage sale. You can get some really good deals but, need to get there pretty early and wait in line. At least that's how it is here in MI.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil, '83 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Posts
    1,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueToe View Post
    Okay, I blew it. When I got my REI 20% off coupon I thought I didn't need anything expensive enough to make using it worthwhile. Then I went on a spring tour in Zion Canyon and found that my sleeping bag wasn't warm enough for cold weather. I want to buy a really good, down bag. That's expensive. 20% off would really help. Any idea when they might be offering another one?
    REI has spring, summer,fall and winter sales with the 20% off coupons. Just call REI and ask them, they're more than willing to tell you when the next one is.

  8. #8
    It's true, man.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Texas
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T1000, Inbred SS 29er, Supercaliber 29er, Crescent Mark XX, Burley Rumba Tandem
    Posts
    2,726
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow, May 14.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •