I'm planning a tour in America next year (I'm from the UK) and although I have a very vague route planned out I was hoping people might give me some suggestions - I've never been to north America. I'll be starting in March so have decided to head N to S to try and get some of the warmer weather in the north. My current vague route (with specific questions!) is something like:
-start in LA (is it worth and easy to get a bus down to the border so I can say I rode from Mexico to Canada?)
- head eastwards to cycle through Death Valley (is this a really stupid idea? I can't find much information but there seems to be some organised trips this time of year)
- somehow back to the coast via Yosemite
- head north along the coast in Oregon
- somehow get over the Cascades into Montana to make a stop in Helena
- head north again through Glacier national park and to Banff/Jasper direction
If anyone has ANY kind of suggestions or places not-to (or to) miss I would be grateful! I'll be camping most of the time. Thanks!