Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 62 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3446
  1. #1526
    Senior Member zeppinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    My Bikes
    Giant FCR3, Surly LHT
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longwave View Post
    Very nice pics. Your bike looks well set up. Hmmm...burial mounds?..okay I won't say it :-0

    Regards,
    GregT
    Well thats exactly what I thought when I saw them too but don't tell a Korean that or they will be all sorts of mad. They seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Korean cultural history.

  2. #1527
    the uncarved block openmindedgent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    on the road
    My Bikes
    '13 Surly Troll (touring), '74 Peugeot PX-10E (fixed gear), '94 Mongoose Rockadile (trail)
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Miss View Post
    Good day - this'll be my first post, and this here seems a good place to put it. Here is my bike, surrounded by the morning sprawl, on the second day of an 5 day tour in my home state. Picture is taken in Wyoming, Minnesota.

    Since it's hard to see, I'll just go ahead and admit those are some $36 nashbar panniers in the front. They get the job done, but they are a bit cramped and likely to be replaced next year.

    Woah, that is a lot of stuff for a 5 day tour..
    You only live once, so please spend that time wisely. Ride bicycles.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #1528
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Rivendell, Gazelle track bike, surley cross check
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    my rivendell ready for it's first cross country tour in 2006

    [IMG][/IMG]

  4. #1529
    Senior Member texastwister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not the best looking get up ,but it gets me from point "A" to point "B" and yes panniers are on the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #1530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester Center, Vt
    My Bikes
    1995 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1989 Cannondale SR500, 1987 Univega Nuovo Sport, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1960 Rudge Sports
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    1989 Bruce Gordon Hikiri



    1984 Trek 620



    1983 Muddy Fox
    Last edited by 24tracktape; 10-13-09 at 02:30 PM.
    Rich-
    1998 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1990 Cannondale SR500, 1989 Bruce Gordon Hikari, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1970-something Andre Bertin, 1960 Rudge Sports

  6. #1531
    Senior Member deepakvrao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bangalore India
    Posts
    1,471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Lovely bicycles those.

    What are the panniers and bar bag on the first?

  7. #1532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester Center, Vt
    My Bikes
    1995 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1989 Cannondale SR500, 1987 Univega Nuovo Sport, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1960 Rudge Sports
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
    ^^^Lovely bicycles those.

    What are the panniers and bar bag on the first?
    Those are Overland panniers (the blue ones on the Gordon) on Gordon racks. Though the company is still in business, I'm not sure that they make bicycle products anymore.

    The front bag is a Basil Naba-Discovery. Very well made, and a great mounting system!
    Rich-
    1998 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1990 Cannondale SR500, 1989 Bruce Gordon Hikari, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1970-something Andre Bertin, 1960 Rudge Sports

  8. #1533
    Senior Member Steve.D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1984 Trek 620, 1984 Trek 720, Fisher X-Caliber
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 24tracktape View Post
    Those are Overland panniers (the blue ones on the Gordon) on Gordon racks. Though the company is still in business, I'm not sure that they make bicycle products anymore.

    The front bag is a Basil Naba-Discovery. Very well made, and a great mounting system!
    I have the same exact Trek 620 but it's not in as good condition as yours. I'm curious about your wheels. Are those the original 27" Matrix Safari rims with Maillard Helicomatic hubs and freewheel? Or have you upgraded? I'm curious too about the brand and model of your brake pads.

    Thanks for posting! Awesome bikes!

  9. #1534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester Center, Vt
    My Bikes
    1995 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1989 Cannondale SR500, 1987 Univega Nuovo Sport, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1960 Rudge Sports
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.D View Post
    I have the same exact Trek 620 but it's not in as good condition as yours. I'm curious about your wheels. Are those the original 27" Matrix Safari rims with Maillard Helicomatic hubs and freewheel? Or have you upgraded? I'm curious too about the brand and model of your brake pads.

    Thanks for posting! Awesome bikes!

    Hi Steve -
    The brake pads are the Salmon Kool Stops. I have them on a few bikes, and they're a gigantic upgrade over stock (especially stock 25 year old) pads.

    The wheels are a set that the seller of the bike threw in along with the bike. Interestingly the wheels that were actually ON the bike were no longer the originals. I'm assuming that the Helicomatic died somewhere along the way! The pictured wheels are Phil Wood hubs, DT spokes, and ceramic coated rims that were simply branded as Nashbar. One of my friends suspects they were Mavics...but who knows? Both front and rear are 40 spoke (27") with a Shimano freewheel. Pasela TG tires.

    Also, I've changed the stem and bars to 3T, added barcons, and the levers are now Royal Compe II that I got NOS.
    Last edited by 24tracktape; 10-13-09 at 11:15 AM.
    Rich-
    1998 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1990 Cannondale SR500, 1989 Bruce Gordon Hikari, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1970-something Andre Bertin, 1960 Rudge Sports

  10. #1535
    Senior Member Steve.D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1984 Trek 620, 1984 Trek 720, Fisher X-Caliber
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 24tracktape View Post
    Hi Steve -
    The brake pads are the Salmon Kool Stops. I have them on a few bikes, and they're a gigantic upgrade over stock (especially stock 25 year old) pads.

    The wheels are a set that the seller of the bike threw in along with the bike. Interestingly the wheels that were actually ON the bike were no longer the originals. I'm assuming that the Helicomatic died somewhere along the way! The pictured wheels are Phil Wood hubs, DT spokes, and ceramic coated rims that were simply branded as Nashbar. One of my friends suspects they were Mavics...but who knows? Both front and rear are 40 spoke (27") with a Shimano freewheel. Pasela TG tires.

    Also, I've changed the stem and bars to 3T, added barcons, and the levers are now Royal Compe II that I got NOS.
    Killer wheels! Wish I could find a pair of those rims for sale but don't see them on Nashbar's or Mavic's websites. The rim color appeals to me as I have been looking for rims that closely match the original Trek/Matrix color. Most modern rims are either silver or black which just isn't as nice of a color scheme with the paint on the bike frame. Phil hubs sound sweet. Good riddance to those Helicomatics. Thanks for the info!

  11. #1536
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Revolution Country Traveller looking all continental in southern France complete with bungied down baguette and another at the beach in Cannes
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #1537
    www.Click-Stand.com tomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Bikes
    Owner built touring & tandem
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two pictures from this September:


    The St.Croix River at Stillwater.


    I didn't know Minnisota = corn!

    Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.Click-Stand.com

  13. #1538
    Senior Member KLW2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    White Bear Lake Mn
    My Bikes
    88 Schwin Voyageur, 84 Schwinn World Sport, 85 Univega Alpina Uno, 85 Fuji Espree, 09 Novara Strada, 06 Jamis Durango, 03 Specialized Expediton Sport, 09 Surly LHT, 12 Novara Gotham
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had known that the Grand Poohbah, of the "Click Stand" was coming I would have had the corn genuflecting for you. ;-)
    Hope you enjoyed the ride!

  14. #1539
    www.Click-Stand.com tomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Bikes
    Owner built touring & tandem
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLW2 View Post
    If I had known that the Grand Poohbah, of the "Click Stand" was coming I would have had the corn genuflecting for you. ;-)
    Hope you enjoyed the ride!

    Thanks Keith. I did indeed enjoy myself, and Minnisota was beautiful. North Dakota had the headwinds blowing hard enough to bow the wheat down, hopefully that is not what you had in mind for the corn!

    Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.Click-Stand.com

  15. #1540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester Center, Vt
    My Bikes
    1995 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1989 Cannondale SR500, 1987 Univega Nuovo Sport, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1960 Rudge Sports
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because those rims are at least 10-15 years old, I would guess!

    I've been thinking about rebuilding the wheels with 700c Velocity Dyads. If I do that, I'll let you know, if you are interested in the old rims. Keep in mind they are both 40 spoke...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.D View Post
    Killer wheels! Wish I could find a pair of those rims for sale but don't see them on Nashbar's or Mavic's websites. The rim color appeals to me as I have been looking for rims that closely match the original Trek/Matrix color. Most modern rims are either silver or black which just isn't as nice of a color scheme with the paint on the bike frame. Phil hubs sound sweet. Good riddance to those Helicomatics. Thanks for the info!
    Rich-
    1998 Guerciotti Genius, 1992 Cannondale Delta V 1000, 1990 Cannondale SR500, 1989 Bruce Gordon Hikari, 1984 Trek 620, 1983 Muddy Fox Monarch, 1970-something Andre Bertin, 1960 Rudge Sports

  16. #1541
    More Energy than Sense aroundoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    155 miles north of Spokane
    My Bikes
    Thorn Sherpa, Co-Motion Custom Road, Salsa Fargo, Mercian King of Mercia and Motobecane Fantom Pro 29er
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomn View Post
    Two pictures from this September:

    Tom
    Tom, please elaborate on the bike. Great color.

    Paul
    Click-stand owner

  17. #1542
    www.Click-Stand.com tomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Bikes
    Owner built touring & tandem
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundoz View Post
    Tom, please elaborate on the bike. Great color.

    Paul
    Click-stand owner

    Hi Paul,

    I made the frame and fork. I have a frame building shop in my basement, a left over from earlier years. It is a candy apple powdercoat. 36 spoke front & 40 rear 26" wheels w/tandem hubs. Bar-end friction shifting, 24/36/48 x 11/34 grearing. V-brakes, B-17, noodle bar, sewed on elk hide bar cover. Aero bars. Tubus rear & Rivendell/Nitto big front rack. Click-Stand. Tent on the front, sleeping bag on the back. Arkel bags, though I'm calling Wayne today to buy Ortlieb front panniers. Fenders by Woody w/Berthoud mudflaps. I'd love to go on, but I fear that this has turned into self gratification.

    Thanks for asking,
    Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.Click-Stand.com

  18. #1543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    My Bikes
    1984 Raleigh Super Course, 1997 Cannondale F300
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    1997 Cannondale F300 at Red Mountain Arizona between Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.

  19. #1544
    Senior Member deepakvrao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bangalore India
    Posts
    1,471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosae View Post
    My Revolution Country Traveller looking all continental in southern France complete with bungied down baguette and another at the beach in Cannes
    Nice touch. Makes me want to prepone my France trip

    Are those Altura panniers? Are you happy with them? Waterproof?

  20. #1545
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I was pretty impressed with the Altura Dryliner panniers. Very spacious and had more seperate compartments than I knew what to do with! Entirely waterproof to begin with but after 3 months this was only true with the main comparment. Stuff I kept in the outer pocket would get damp but only in very heavy downpours and I suspect that this may have something to do with my leaning of the bike against walls, as in the picture, resulting in a number of small tears to the outer fabric. With better care I am sure they would retain their waterproofing.

    Thanks for the interest.

  21. #1546
    Barfin' Round the World
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Takes a 'lickin and keeps on tickin'

    My trusty steed has suffered terrible abuse but she soldiers on like nothing bad has ever happened:


    100 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle and 40,000 touring kilometers and barely a complaint.

    Her latest Hell vacation:

    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5881

    Hundreds and hundreds of miles of dirt roads and sticky mud.

  22. #1547
    Senior Member Rogerinchrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Plymouth,WI
    My Bikes
    TREK-520 & 830
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randobarf View Post
    My trusty steed has suffered terrible abuse but she soldiers on like nothing bad has ever happened:


    100 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle and 40,000 touring kilometers and barely a complaint.

    Her latest Hell vacation:

    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5881

    Hundreds and hundreds of miles of dirt roads and sticky mud.
    Just by seeing the bike & reading the location... I have found my new favorite read! (over on crazyguy)

    Thanks for posting it here!!

    ~Roger

  23. #1548
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recumbent trike (Trice QNT) and trailer (Quik-Pak) set-up. Maximum downhill speed so far 47 mph, capable of much more, smooth as silk....

    Arguably the most comfortable long tourer out there.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #1549
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My 2008 Cannondale T1

    Hi, My 'Dale T1 during a trip around the Atherton Tableland, North Queensland, Australia in May 2009


    It is been replaced by a Thorn Raven Tour with Rohloff hub, just waiting for it to arrive from the UK....much excitement!!

    Cheers
    Gary

  25. #1550
    Senior Member MyWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pacific NorthWest
    My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Trucker
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randobarf View Post
    My trusty steed has suffered terrible abuse but she soldiers on like nothing bad has ever happened:


    100 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle and 40,000 touring kilometers and barely a complaint.

    Her latest Hell vacation:

    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5881

    Hundreds and hundreds of miles of dirt roads and sticky mud.
    Ironic, I just got done reading this tour log. It was an awesome read by the way.
    Don't tell me what I need until you've needed anything

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •