I saw a thread of someone recommending an application that lets you add up all items and find out the total weight. The said application is designed for backpacking however (http://www.backpacking.net/featured3.html). Is there any application developed for mainly tour cycling? I haven't seen it.
I have some general ideas about what this application should accomplish:
- Allows you to enter items and their respective weights.
- Allows you to select pannier locations such as the following:
- center-front (e.g. center of front rack, handlebar)
- front-left (i.e. left small pannier)
- front-right (i.e. right small center)
- center-rear (e.g. center of rear rack, saddle bag)
- rear-left (i.e. left large pannier)
- rear-right (i.e. right large pannier)
- Indicates weight ratio of left versus right.
- Indicates weight ratio of front versus rear.
- Indicates low versus high gravity weight (if this is possible somehow).
- Allows you to move these items around until your desired weight ratio.
If there is absolutely no application like this, I'd be happy to develop this as an exciting project under C#. And later on, if possible, port it to Android.
But never mind all of this if there is already such a program out there.