Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Front Racks for Cannodale T2000

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,
I recently purcahsed a set of Tubus Tara racks for the front of my T2000 only to find them too narrow. Does anyone have a suggestion for a front rack for this bike?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 01-22-05, 08:58 PM
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,217 Times in 2,364 Posts
Originally Posted by gazelle
Hello,
I recently purcahsed a set of Tubus Tara racks for the front of my T2000 only to find them too narrow. Does anyone have a suggestion for a front rack for this bike?

Thanks,
Scott
How is the rack too narrow? I have a Tara on a T800 and it fits just fine. You probably need to use a spacer (provided I think) to stand the rack off from the braze-ons. If you don't have the spacers you can purchase a similar product from Lowes Hardware. I wouldn't give up on the Tara, it's an excellent rack.

Stuart Black
Old 01-24-05, 08:20 AM
rsw

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I too have recently purchased a T2000. Great bike!

I have a JANDD Extreme rack for the front. Fits the dropout and brazeon connections fine. The only problem is because of the fork diameter and lack of inward fork arc, the rack touches the fork about midway between the two connections. No big deal but over time this "contact point" will result in wear on the paint.

So . . . . I will purchase several nylon washers to insert between the upper through brazon and the rack. THis should "stretch" the rack width slightly and prevent the rack from touching the fork.

The rack looks to be quite heavy duty and should work fine. A nice feature is the platform on the top of the rack.

Old 01-24-05, 11:59 PM
Along for the ride.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm using a NOS Blackburn Mountain Front rack that fits the fork braze-ons of my Co-motion with only moderate manhandling. It's a high-mount (not low-rider) if that matters to you. The bike handles OK with it and I like having the front platform. It uses mid-fork bosses, but comes with suitable clamps. I can't tell from the Cannondale web site's photos whether the T-800 or T-2000 have mid-fork bosses.
Old 01-25-05, 11:27 AM
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,217 Times in 2,364 Posts
Originally Posted by scrantr
I'm using a NOS Blackburn Mountain Front rack that fits the fork braze-ons of my Co-motion with only moderate manhandling. It's a high-mount (not low-rider) if that matters to you. The bike handles OK with it and I like having the front platform. It uses mid-fork bosses, but comes with suitable clamps. I can't tell from the Cannondale web site's photos whether the T-800 or T-2000 have mid-fork bosses.
Yes. They both have mid-fork bosses. The forks are kind of thick so you have to use a stand-off to make any rack fit. I tried Blackburn lowrides with mine but I couldn't get the Ortlieb panniers to fit. I got a Tara and it works wonderfully plus it looks wonderful.

Stuart Black