I am coming up on retirement in the relatively near future. The remaining time in my current career is counted in months at this time.
Those of you who have retired, other than actually touring have you done other touring related stuff? I'd be interested in other's experience with things like:
- Part time retail jobs at REI or other outdoor activity centered retailer
- Volunteer work with an outdoor or environmental theme
- Trip leading for a company or other organization
- Trip leading for trips where you recruit your own customers possibly including pre-trip classes or other planning assistance
- Small scale gear business either reselling commercial products or your own custom ones
- Other? Feel free to list and discuss whatever you think is appropriate to the topic
BTW, For the services proposed, feel free to comment on what you think folks might value in that regard.