I am planning to ride from California to New York next summer alone. I have so many questions and would really appreciate any help I can get.
1. Not too sure if the bike I have will do the trick. I will attach a picture: This bike is a full carbon 2008 Argon 18 Krypton medium frame (54/56cm) and it has a full Shimano Ultegra Groupo. The wheelset is Ksyrium Equipe with Armadillo Tires(Not in Picture). The saddle, seat stem and handlebar stem are Ritchey and the handlebars are Scott 44 cm out to out. If it will do the trick, what do i need to change to make it work? If I need to sell and buy a different bike overall, any suggestions on what to purchase?
2.Any advice on planning the trip in general. I'm putting money aside and trying to find my route.
3. How will I load the bike? Trailer, Panniers? I plan on just sleeping wherever maybe the occasional hotel to clean up.
4. What shape should I be in prior? I really don't think any training could prepare me for that much riding.. I plan on 60-100 miles per day.
5. What kind of riding gear should I be looking for? weather proof? any suggestions?
6. And what kind of things will i need to bring to survive? budget? food to bring? how much water/nutrition? Grill or how to prepare food?
Thanks for reading, and any help or suggestions will benefit me on this crazy idea.