I know theres alot of debate on this one but how do you guys choose between a trailer or some type of single seat for your children?
Im torn between an xtracycle and some sort of trailer for my two kids.
Xtracycle pros / cons
- more room for the kids / in the element, no protection from bad weather and would have to deal with it
- more engaged in the tour / would not be able to take random naps, could rigg something up for them to lay there head on but assume it wouldnt be comfy, but probably no more comfy with a trailer.
- longer lasting usable investment (to me)
- easier to carry the kids and load
- smaller profile (maybe)
- enclosed, protected from weather / just sitting there not really engaged in the tour/ just along for the ride
- can take a nap without stopping or adjusting / wider profile not good for roads with no sidewalk/shoulder. less maneuverability = limited routes/options
- Have to carry extra parts for the trailer
you guys get the point. My needs are:
- kids being able to sleep on the go.
- protection from weather (sometimes a poncho or rain coat just wont do especially if there sleeping lol)
- most parts here have no shoulder and the lanes are very narrow even for a bike, so sidewalk is the only option but trailer wont fit.
Im sure SOMEONE has to have a bikehack to this lol.