I've been thinking about touring again. And thinking of the ideal bike setup. One that is flexible for different tours and conditions.
Here is what I consider important for myself:
- front and rear rack capable
- trekking bars
- low gears (perhaps mtb gearing)
- trailer capable
- bionix e-assist capable (I'm a flat-lander)
- braze ons for at least 2 water bottles
- disc brakes (very good for a loaded bike)
- dyno hub
I am sure that this list will change before I ride a tour again, but this is a starting point.
Of course this is a "bike list" I could probably make another list at least as long of smaller bolt on stuff.
So what's your ideal touring rig?