Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Bikes: Triumph Mountain Bike, Villiger Cabgona Touring Bike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Christmas Wishlist Help!
I'm finally in a position to spend a bit of money this Christmas!
And so, I've gotten together a list of things related to my touring bike and tour-cycling in general, that I'd like to purchase. But, I'd like the community's input on my list of items, and overall feedback and recommendations. My budget is around $300 - subject to change!
- Saddle - Brooks B17 (Can anyone recommend anything else? I'm also looking at a PlanetBike A.R.S from MEC).
- Handlebar Bag - Roswheel from Ebay... It was simplistic and small, I'm not looking to hold too much. But am open to alternative suggestions.
- Cycling Mirror - I'm really at a loss for this one, there are so many. Really, I'd like to have one that's handlebar-attachable rather than a helmet-mounted one. Thus allowing me to remain focused on the road and not worried about my helmet-mirror.
- Undershorts - UnderArmour type-stuff, seen as I've opted not to buy cycling shorts, at least not now. May do in future.
- Athletic T-shirts - again, AthleticWorks & UA stuff, wicking material, as I've again opted not to go for a cycling jersey - although I might buy one.
- Waterproof Cycling Jacket - This is where I'll splash the cash and buy something good and purpose-manufactured - recommendations please!
- Waterproof Trousers - Not looking for anything off-the-scale in terms of price, but I would like something that'll keep me legs and pocketed-items dry during the highly-likely event that Jesus decides to rain on my Parade.
- Cycling Gloves - unsure as to brand, what to look for. Ideally I'd like something that's got a removable capability with the finger holes, and possibly a mitten attachment.
- Cycling Shoes - For the moment I'm using clipless pedals, and so cycling shoes seem fairly redundant and pointless. But I'd like some shoes with a good rigid sole, but breatheability as well - running shoes perhaps?
- Tent/Hammock - Which one?! What I'm looking for is: Easy to pitch, waterproof, single-person, light... And middle-of-the-pack price-range.
- Sleeping Bags - Not going to be travelling in weather's that bloody freezing, so cold-weather protection isn't top of my list. Nor am I expecting to have a racy one-night-stand with a fellow cyclist So... Recommendations!
- Bike multi-tool - I'm a fairly basic mechanic when it comes to bikes, so, I've gone with the Roswheel 14 in 1 from Ebay, but other recommendations are welcome.
- Phone/GPS mount - Again, Ebay and again, Roswheel - this time the "Roswheel Frame Pannier".
- Bike Pump - Topeak Pocket Rocket had some great Amazon reviews, so I put it on my wishlist. Any other recommendations?
I should note that recommendations and experiences with above listed items are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks to all,