I'm looking into credit card touring on a road bike and I have a few questions.
1. Is it reasonable to do this type of touring with an aluminum road bike (plan on going 40-50 mi a day, 7 days, 300 mi total)?
2. Is this a reasonable packing list for a weeklong tour?
Credit Card (Duh)
2 jerseys and shorts
1 pair of gloves
1 pair of jeans and 1 t shirt
1 jacket / windbreaker
3 pairs of underwear and socks
Basic First Aid Kit
Basic Bike Repair Kit (4 CO2, Tube, Patch Kit, Levers, etc)
3. I have A530 touring pedals and touring cycling shoes, should I also be bringing sneakers? (part b: what if I plan on doing heavy walking in a museum, would the shoes become unbearable)
Computer / GPS:
4. I currently use an android with strava as my GPS, would it be worth investing in a real cycling GPS for touring?
Racks and Bags
5. I really have no idea what to get for bags and racks. I looked at the trunks, but I'm not sure if everything will actually fit inside of a trunk. Would a pannier be a better fit or would a trunk be fine for credit card touring? What brand of pannier or trunk should I get? I'd prefer the cheapest decent bag.
There are racks like this: Topeak® Cycling Accessories ? Products - Roadie Rack, Black made specifically for road bikes. Is this a decent rack? Are there any better racks that will work with a road bike?
Notes about the bicycle: