Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Suntour Superbe Pro hub help!

    I'm in desperate need of a cone for my Suntour Superbe Pro hub. My left rear race has been damaged by a defective ball bearing irregularly wearing it down over time. I've been soliciting various online suppliers, but have come up empty handed thus far.

    Forgive me if soliciting of this sort is not permitted on this forum, I'm getting desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

    Sam

  2. #2
    loser
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    portland, or
    My Bikes
    steyr, lejeune, schwinn, sears, crescent, blah blah blah.
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the bearing was bad enough to screw up the cone, are you sure the cup is still good?
    Sorry, though, I don't know of any place to get a cone. You might have to pick up a whole hub and rob the axle and cones out of it provided your cup is ok. At least you'd then have a spare cone...

  3. #3
    Rising sun on Keirin rider Tomity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    My Bikes
    http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/tomity.htm http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/f/tomity.htm
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jssheffield
    I'm in desperate need of a cone for my Suntour Superbe Pro hub. My left rear race has been damaged by a defective ball bearing irregularly wearing it down over time. I've been soliciting various online suppliers, but have come up empty handed thus far.

    Forgive me if soliciting of this sort is not permitted on this forum, I'm getting desperate. Any help would be appreciated.

    Sam
    Hi!! Sam This is Tomity from Tokyo
    I'm professional Keirin rider in Japan

    Suntour considerably went bankrupt ahead.
    Therefore, hub of superbe is valuable in Japan.

    However, hub of superbe has a lot of fans in high performance in
    Keirin rider.

    Keirin rider of Japan still looks for hub of superbe.
    Hub of superbe has several models.

    Is hub of superbe that you are using this?
    Your question might possibly be answered to me.

    And,please look at my website
    http://homepage.mac.com/tomity/Menu20.html

    Yours sincerely
    Tomity

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomity
    Hi!! Sam This is Tomity from Tokyo
    I'm professional Keirin rider in Japan

    Suntour considerably went bankrupt ahead.
    Therefore, hub of superbe is valuable in Japan.

    However, hub of superbe has a lot of fans in high performance in
    Keirin rider.

    Keirin rider of Japan still looks for hub of superbe.
    Hub of superbe has several models.

    Is hub of superbe that you are using this?
    Your question might possibly be answered to me.

    And,please look at my website
    http://homepage.mac.com/tomity/Menu20.html

    Yours sincerely
    Tomity

    hey Tomity check your pms. i have extra superB rear hub. spaced at 122 but i need a hub spaced at 112

    trade?

    as far as the cone. i really dont have extra. just hte one that is on my hub. sorry




    d

  5. #5
    Rising sun on Keirin rider Tomity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tokyo Japan
    My Bikes
    http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/tomity.htm http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/f/tomity.htm
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwylie75
    hey Tomity check your pms. i have extra superB rear hub. spaced at 122 but i need a hub spaced at 112 trade?
    as far as the cone. i really dont have extra. just hte one that is on my hub. sorry
    d
    Hi!!dwylie75
    The shaft of Superbe hub can be exchanged from 120 to 110mm.
    It exchanges the shaft and cone of Superbe hub for 110mm.
    However, it is necessary to look for because the Suntour Co. went bankrupt.
    As for that of Shimano Dura-Ace and Superbe, the standard is different.
    It is not possible to share.
    Tomity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •