getting a new velodrome built: my dc campaign plan
ok, so everyone wants one, and i'm a campaigner, so i've been talked into trying to make this happen. if i don't get some help, though, i'm dropping this one like a hot potato.
here's the basic campaign-plan outline:
1. get the stats (bicycling in metro dc - how many racers, interest levels, etc. and $ needed to build one) and set up a non-profit shell w/board, bank account, etc.
2. approach national capitol park service to ask - if i give y'all the money to build it, can you find the land? (if answer = no, approach DC Parks and Rec)
3. meet with local racing teams. ask for mailing lists.
4. direct mail fundraise some base cash from racing team members, offering "charter memberships" to the track.
5. use base funding to approach foundations and possibly corporations for some big $.
6. once 2/3 of the funding is secured, re-approach park service, being serious.
7. explore options for running/maintaining the place. get base level ideas of maintenance costs by calling other velodromes.
from there, i'll need some help. but that's my approximate game plan.
SO... anyone wanna help?