Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Opinions? Fetish Cycles Track Frame

    Recommended? For a beginner track cyclist (pure track, no street).

    Feedback appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the geometry is pretty street-y. not to mention weird.
    slack angles.
    a 53cm frame w/ a 54 cm TT. then a jump to a 56 cm frame w/ 58 TT? WTF?

    if you're just looking for cheap aluminum, then maybe the chucksbikes.com 2005 Tsunami frame might be good. no idea about the geometry though. or maybe spicer.

  3. #3
    ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NOVA
    My Bikes
    many.
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baxtefer
    the geometry is pretty street-y. not to mention weird.
    slack angles.
    a 53cm frame w/ a 54 cm TT. then a jump to a 56 cm frame w/ 58 TT? WTF?

    if you're just looking for cheap aluminum, then maybe the chucksbikes.com 2005 Tsunami frame might be good. no idea about the geometry though. or maybe spicer.
    I really want someone on the forum to buy one of the Tsunami frames....

  4. #4
    "Great One" 53-11_alltheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
    Posts
    4,463
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by *new*guy
    I really want someone on the forum to buy one of the Tsunami frames....
    $250 with a fork. size 48 and 60 only.

    Who makes those frames?

  5. #5
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 53-11_alltheway
    $250 with a fork. size 48 and 60 only.

    Who makes those frames?
    he has other sizes in the 2005 model for $285. w/ a steel fork.

    someone has suggested that they're made by the same Taiwanese OEM supplier that makes the Jade frames as well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting... I did look into chuckbikes but for whatever reason, it doesn't "strike my fancy."

    I am looking for a quality track bike that could be built up for less than $700.

  7. #7
    aka co-op commando infestedguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    atlanta, ga.
    My Bikes
    surly steamroller, spicer track
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously check out spicer. gene is awesome and he has quality "standard" track frames reasonably priced, in steel and aluminum.
    turning the 0mph fallover into an artform

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •