Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cervelo R3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to route rear brake cable on track frame (Trek T1)

I want to install a rear brake on my Trek T1 frame, but I don't know how to route the cable since there is no provision for a rear brake cable. One thought is using electric tape and running the cable with housing the whole way across the top tube.

Anyone have ideas on how to best install a rear brake cable on a track frame without frame routing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clear packing tape works well also, If you just wan't a temporary install try electric cable ties.

shut up and ride
    My Bikes
    supersix hi-mod,burley duet tandem,woodrup track,cannondale cross,specialized road
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zip ties are designed to hold cables...

the fixed gear/single speed forum is a better place for the question, as this is supposed to be for actually riding on the velodrome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get a longish zip tie and loop it around the cable in a "alpha" shape then around the frame and pull tight. one at the front, one at the back

My Bikes
    Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use cable clamps like they used on road bikes up until the 70's. They are not common items today but they often appear on ebay.