Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: My latest

  1. #1
    Mr. Knowitall Noestaencasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My latest

    Made for Josh Weir of Indianapolis.

    Crappy day outside, so the pics arent all that good, but its a good looking bike.

    DW





    he's baaaaaack.... sort of

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kokomo, IN
    My Bikes
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team, 2012 Windsor Kensington 8
    Posts
    534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh is an animal!!! I met him last year, he is a super nice guy. When he sprinted it was like a rocket took off.
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team

  3. #3
    Lurker for Life yonderboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dig the foiled seat stays. Is that downtube triangular?

  4. #4
    Mr. Knowitall Noestaencasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yonderboy View Post
    I dig the foiled seat stays. Is that downtube triangular?
    Thanks, the downtube is almost teardrop shape, except it has a strange bottom edge.

    DW
    he's baaaaaack.... sort of

  5. #5
    Run What 'Ya Brung bonechilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Josh Weir the American Flag guy?

    That bike looks amazing. If I wasn't desperately poor, and if I actually stood to gain anything from a $2000 frame, that's exactly what I'd want, right down to the Wound-Up fork.
    Last edited by bonechilling; 01-06-08 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doofo View Post
    the main cause of fit problems is riding your bike

    you should have just stopped riding so you could focus on color coordination

  6. #6
    A little North of Hell
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Family Tartan

    Quote Originally Posted by Noestaencasa View Post
    Dig the Tartan, would like to see a better pic of the seat tube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XXXI

  7. #7
    Senior Member nateintokyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    My Bikes
    SE Quadrangle, '82 Venus NJS, '03 Bianchi Pista, '86 P'sonic Mt Cat, Fat City Yo Eddy '91 + '93, B'cuda A2E, '86 Trek Elance 400, '88 Centurion D.Scott Expert, '88 Fisher Mt Tam (and no longer with me: SE OM Flyer, Umezawa/B-stone/Samson NJS)
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noestaencasa View Post

    nice bike!

    but two questions: 1) usually when I see bikes with positive stem set ups like that, it makes me think someone bought a frame that was the wrong size. since (I assume) it was full custom, can you tell us a bit more about the sizing the rider requested and/or set up? it is for different stem-bars combinations or events or...?

    2) re: the picture. maybe I am just anal, but why not leave enough unpainted area so the track nuts don't mess it up?

  8. #8
    Mr. Knowitall Noestaencasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nateintokyo View Post
    nice bike!

    but two questions: 1) usually when I see bikes with positive stem set ups like that, it makes me think someone bought a frame that was the wrong size. since (I assume) it was full custom, can you tell us a bit more about the sizing the rider requested and/or set up? it is for different stem-bars combinations or events or...?

    2) re: the picture. maybe I am just anal, but why not leave enough unpainted area so the track nuts don't mess it up?
    Howdy,
    Sprinters like smaller bikes for stiffness. up stems put them in their proper position.
    Ask the painter on the 2nd issue...

    DW
    he's baaaaaack.... sort of

  9. #9
    Forum Admin lotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    n.w. superdrome
    My Bikes
    1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa
    Posts
    17,643
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Don who was the painter?

    Anyone I know who did the same treatment on my Pog ?
    and when are you coming back to Texas?

    Marty
    marty
    Sono pił lento di quel che sembra.
    Odio la gente, tutti.

    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.

  10. #10
    Mr. Knowitall Noestaencasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotek View Post
    So Don who was the painter?

    Anyone I know who did the same treatment on my Pog ?
    and when are you coming back to Texas?

    Marty
    marty
    Howdy Marty!

    Spectrum did the Powder, who did your Pog, i forgot.
    I will be in Tx. the beginning of Feb. for a couple of days before leaving for NAHBS.

    DW
    he's baaaaaack.... sort of

  11. #11
    Senior Member nateintokyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    My Bikes
    SE Quadrangle, '82 Venus NJS, '03 Bianchi Pista, '86 P'sonic Mt Cat, Fat City Yo Eddy '91 + '93, B'cuda A2E, '86 Trek Elance 400, '88 Centurion D.Scott Expert, '88 Fisher Mt Tam (and no longer with me: SE OM Flyer, Umezawa/B-stone/Samson NJS)
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too bad about the paint, but that makes sense for the small frame/fit. cheers.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kokomo, IN
    My Bikes
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team, 2012 Windsor Kensington 8
    Posts
    534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bonechilling View Post
    Is Josh Weir the American Flag guy?

    That bike looks amazing. If I wasn't desperately poor, and if I actually stood to gain anything from a $2000 frame, that's exactly what I'd want, right down to the Wound-Up fork.
    Here is Josh's Website. http://www.joshuaweir.com/about.asp

    I think I know the bike your talking about with the american flag disc wheel and frame that isn't Josh, but your right that bike is sweet.
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team

  13. #13
    aka mattio queerpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,462
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the velocipede is nicely done, sir. i remain a fan of your work.
    the hipster myth.

    i practice vagabondery.

  14. #14
    Run What 'Ya Brung bonechilling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhulce View Post
    Here is Josh's Website. http://www.joshuaweir.com/about.asp

    I think I know the bike your talking about with the american flag disc wheel and frame that isn't Josh, but your right that bike is sweet.
    I think it's two American-flag trispokes and a red, white and blue Cannondale track bike. It's really something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by doofo View Post
    the main cause of fit problems is riding your bike

    you should have just stopped riding so you could focus on color coordination

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •