We're excited to open up the new race season on March 28th and want to extend an open invitation to everyone. Spectator entry is free at all events and we encourage picnic dinners, date nights, club outings and feature family-friendly events. Racing starts at 7:30 PM Friday nights and feature a variety of racing styles for ages from 12 to 70! Thanks for reading, more details below...
The Superdrome at Frisco Texas proudly announces their racing schedule for the 2008 season.
This year sees the return of the Richardson Bike Mart Superdrome Points Series (SPS), the Moritz Sprint Series, the Matrix Cup, Texas Cup races, a Masters Regional, an Elite National Qualifier and Collegiate Conference racing. The Superdrome Development Program encourages youth participation in the sport by including heats for junior racers during each of the SPS events. For 2008 we will also introduce a series of skills clinics taught by National track racing champions.
Given the Superdrome’s 44 degree corner banking and open air design, the Superdrome staff hosts regular Development Classes to help new racers understand track racing at such a unique facility. Classes are conducted on Saturday mornings by experienced Superdrome staff and create a safe learning and racing environment for everyone participating in practice sessions and race events. Development Classes are scheduled for March 22nd and April 18th as well as throughout the 2008 season.
Track Skills Clinics
• April 5th kicks off our exciting 2008 schedule of track skills clinics with Stefan Rothe’s curriculum covering Endurance track racing events.
• April 26th continues the track skill clinic series when 2002 U.S. National Track Cycling Champion Jeff LaBauve drops into the lane to teach the finer points of Sprinting.
• May 11th brings Christian Williams’ Fitness Clinic, an invaluable resource tailored specifically for new and seasoned cyclists seeking to use the track as a training and fitness tool.
• May 31st former sprint champions Tim and Suzie Goodwin welcome riders to the track for event specific training. Standing starts, flying 200s and other timed event techniques will be tailored to every rider’s individual needs.
• Later in the season we’ll have Nathan Rogut on hand to teach track etiquette to racers at all levels of experience.
Endurance Events: 4/5 Noon-4pm with Stefan Rothe
Sprint Clinic: 4/26 noon to 4pm with Jeff LaBauve
Fitness Clinic: 5/11 2pm to 4pm with Christian Williams
Timed Events: 5/31 8:30am-11:30am with Tim and Suzie Goodwin
Track Etiquette: Date TBA with Nathan Rogut
2008 Superdrome Race Schedule
14 Practice Race (2 pm)
21 Practice Race (2 pm)
18 Matrix Devo Class PM
19/20 Matrix Cup Sat / Sun (TX Cup D1 each day)
25 SPS Moritz Sprint (TX Cup D2)
17 Moritz Sprint 2
23 Festival Of Speed 1 (TX Cup D1)
07 Moritz Sprint 3
13 Masters Regionals Weekend
27 SPS (TX Cup D2) (Tx Cup D1) *Exact date TBA
19 Moritz Sprint 4 (Tx Cup D1)
15 Festival of Speed 4k Weekend
12 Race TBA
19/20 Superdrome Elite Qualifier & Collegiate Regionals Weekend (exact date TBA)
26 FCC Track Racing On Speed (TX Cup D2)
10 SPS (TX Cup D2 makeup date if neded) (Texas Cup makeup date if necessary)
26 Tx Cup Awards Night / Makeup Date
Never a fee for spectators, food and drinks welcome but please leave glass at home
Friday Night Superdrome Points Series (SPS) races start at 7:30 pm, registration closes 7pm.
Races for all categories, juniors, youth and apron races for kids
Race schedules, updates and information posted online at www.superdrome.com
My job prevents me from checking the forum very often so please direct questions to me via PM.