Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    TWD
    TWD is offline
    Cervelo R3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo R3
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    chain ring bolt question

    I have an old FSA single track crank and it is missing 3 chain ring bolts. I can't find a size label or specs for the bolts. Will most any single crank sized bolt work?

    ie: http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?m...oducts_id=5564

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Elitist carleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. But the set that you liked to is alloy and torx, neither of which many would recommend. You want steel and a more standard allen chainring bolt like this:

    http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?m...roducts_id=628

    Those have knurling on the female part which will seat them into your crank arms to make gear changes much much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrob View Post
    Roadies can run tempo all year as that's what humans were designed for. If you want to be a cheetah, lay around and lick your paws more.

  3. #3
    TWD
    TWD is offline
    Cervelo R3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo R3
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the advice, I'll post a pic when the build is done (my marymoor rolling used part collection)

  4. #4
    Senior Member bitingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,035
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carleton View Post
    Those have knurling on the female part which will seat them into your crank arms to make gear changes much much easier.
    lockring bolts that seat themselves are definitely nice. In the event you end up with some that don't, a little loctite takes care of it just fine. You don't put it on the threads, but on the outside of the female threaded piece just before you install it.
    Track - the other off-road
    http://www.lavelodrome.org

  5. #5
    Elitist carleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitingduck View Post
    lockring bolts that seat themselves are definitely nice. In the event you end up with some that don't, a little loctite takes care of it just fine. You don't put it on the threads, but on the outside of the female threaded piece just before you install it.
    Nice. I'll remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrob View Post
    Roadies can run tempo all year as that's what humans were designed for. If you want to be a cheetah, lay around and lick your paws more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •