Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; EAI Bareknuckle
    Posts
    11,946
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quick question => reynolds sdv66 cog and lockring compatibility

    I just unpacked my pair of reynolds sdv66 that arrived today. No cog or lockring. This is my first carbon track/ reynolds wheelset. Owning 3 rear phil hubs, I'm inclined to ask whether there are any cog/ lockring combinations I can't use before I even touch the hubs? The tags on the hubs that came with them are useless as far as it goes from not advertising how awesome these wheels are! >.<

    I currently have DA, sugino, philwood lockrings and DA, soma, EAI, phil cogs.

  2. #2
    Elitist carleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    12,944
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, the standard is Dura Ace cogs and lockrings. I have a EAI cog that works with my Dura Ace and Zipp hubs. EAI and Soma are identical. So those should be fine.

    I would use:
    - Dura Ace, EAI, & Soma cogs
    - Dura Ace lockring

    I'm not sure about Phil and Sugino lockrings.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrob View Post
    Roadies can run tempo all year as that's what humans were designed for. If you want to be a cheetah, lay around and lick your paws more.

  3. #3
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much did you get them for and from where? i'm in the market for the same ones.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sebster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    prolly that ebay deal
    Quote Originally Posted by bikessuck View Post
    thats good to know, thanks for sharing that :)
    I'd rather have to carry a u-lock and cable lock with me here in LA than live in the middle of buttf**k nowhere winnebago county ahaha
    '79 Grand Prix Conversion
    '08 Fuji Track Pro

  5. #5
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; EAI Bareknuckle
    Posts
    11,946
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carleton View Post
    Well, the standard is Dura Ace cogs and lockrings. I have a EAI cog that works with my Dura Ace and Zipp hubs. EAI and Soma are identical. So those should be fine.

    I would use:
    - Dura Ace, EAI, & Soma cogs
    - Dura Ace lockring

    I'm not sure about Phil and Sugino lockrings.
    Perfect, thanks!

    As for ebay, I bought them from a friend who got them off a shop who had them as deadstock. He didn't make a profit off of me either, $800.

    Anybody know about campy compatibility?

  6. #6
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He must have made some profit as I got mine shipped for $200 less than that.

  7. #7
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; EAI Bareknuckle
    Posts
    11,946
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmartin View Post
    He must have made some profit as I got mine shipped for $200 less than that.
    I knew him too long for him to do that.
    Nope, he mailed the invoice with it from the shop, I paid $3.45 less then he did. And I included 2 day shipping which took a brunt even when he used a commercial account discount in the $800.

    Someone's headed to the velodrome tomorrow; I wonder who????

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a set of them, I use Miche cogs with the carrier on them.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Pista Concept
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a set from eBay for $565 shipped. I've used both a DA and Phil lockring on them and they both worked just fine.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sebster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphanumeric View Post
    I recently got a set from eBay for $565 shipped. I've used both a DA and Phil lockring on them and they both worked just fine.
    good price!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikessuck View Post
    thats good to know, thanks for sharing that :)
    I'd rather have to carry a u-lock and cable lock with me here in LA than live in the middle of buttf**k nowhere winnebago county ahaha
    '79 Grand Prix Conversion
    '08 Fuji Track Pro

  11. #11
    Senior Member Impreza_aL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    My Bikes
    yellow tricycle di2 grip shifters
    Posts
    434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard cog and lockring for sure.

    Phil lock rings are a no as they are campy threaded.
    don't quit your day job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •