Converting a TT road bike for the track
I am considering converting my Quintana Roo Tequilo (TT bike) into a kilo bike, for use on the velodrome. The frame already has horizontal rear dropouts. My assumptions/questions:
1. Assume I can a standard track front wheel, with bolts.
2. Assume I can use current aero bars, taking off the brake levers and shifters.
3. Assume the BB height will be adequate for a kilo or pursuit on a 33 degree, 333m track.
4. Should I swap out crankset with a track crankset? Currently have 170mm cranks, 53/42 rings. Or, with the right cog, can I use the current crankset with a standard road chain?
5. Assume I can use a standard track rear wheel, with a cog that fits whatever chain and chainring width I go with.