Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/)
-   -   "Dear Carleton" (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/743918-dear-carleton.html)

carleton 06-16-11 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazinga (Post 12795107)
Dear Carleton
Whose ya daddy?

I'm the 7th son of a 7th son.

carleton 06-16-11 02:21 AM

Time for bed (for the 2nd time today)

Goodnight!

http://i.imgur.com/R2mf8.gif

RyanJL 06-16-11 07:08 AM

Carleton, 2nd post ever question:

Why is it that Scrappy can talk whereas Scooby cannot?

carleton 06-16-11 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanJL (Post 12795574)
Carleton, 2nd post ever question:

Why is it that Scrappy can talk whereas Scooby cannot?

Like many children of immigrants, Scrappy doesn't have the thick accent of the native language.

Scrodzilla 06-16-11 08:33 AM

Perfect answer.

jessesv 06-16-11 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 12795927)
like many children of immigrants, scrappy doesn't have the thick accent of the native language.

ftw

Yeah....Him 06-16-11 09:27 AM

Dear Carleton,

I went to the monday fit training at the Dick Lane velodrome. After we did the paceline,which kicked my tush,they did jumps after resting for two laps. I know what a flying jump is referring to but they also did a "standing" jump i think they said. what is this referring to and what other jumps are done when doing this warm up?

carleton 06-16-11 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah....Him (Post 12796232)
Dear Carleton,

I went to the monday fit training at the Dick Lane velodrome. After we did the paceline,which kicked my tush,they did jumps after resting for two laps. I know what a flying jump is referring to but they also did a "standing" jump i think they said. what is this referring to and what other jumps are done when doing this warm up?

Each track has it's own culture...even for warmups. At DLV there is usually a 20 lap paceline that will sometimes get progressively faster. Sometimes too fast for my tastes. Afterwards, there are 3 x 100M "Jumps". A jump is a rapid acceleration. In warmups it's used to get your fast-twitch power muscles activated.

They are done in this order:
Seated: Accelerate in the saddle from at or before the Oz Pizza sign.
Standing: Stand and accelerate from at or before the Oz Pizza sign.
Flying: Get a head start and come into turns 1 and 2 faster than normal, similar to the flying 200m windup, hence the name. Then accelerate out of the saddle at the Oz Pizza sign from the higher lead-in speed. This should be the fastest of the 3 efforts.

puppypilgrim 06-16-11 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 12793056)
These are seven 45lbs plates plus a 25lb plate on each side:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/...3f64198ac3.jpg

3 sets of 10 during my strength building phase.

Holy *****. That's some serious poundage. Now I know why you were looking for a Cinelli Alter stem back in 2006.

carleton 06-16-11 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppypilgrim (Post 12796894)
Holy *****. That's some serious poundage. Now I know why you were looking for a Cinelli Alter stem back in 2006.

I was in it for the pinups.

I'm not the only one:
http://sfgfc.files.wordpress.com/200...sh-560x420.jpg

Oramas 06-16-11 12:23 PM

who are / what is the force behind #LulzSec?

carleton 06-16-11 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oramas (Post 12797145)
who are / what is the force behind #LulzSec?

That's what happens when you feed nerds after midnight.

jdgesus 06-16-11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 12795927)
Like many children of immigrants, Scrappy doesn't have the thick accent of the native language.

ok you win. i'll follow you to the end of the earf

RyanJL 06-16-11 02:13 PM

I won't lie. The "Scrappy" query is a standard line I give if someone ever says, "Any questions?"

This response was the best I have ever heard. Everyone else who has ever attempted an answer just fell to the floor and began weeping and they don't know why--they were just compelled to do so by a powerful force.

stovb 06-16-11 02:59 PM

do you provide camera direction instructions like the old spice guy does?

carleton 06-16-11 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovb (Post 12797930)
do you provide camera direction instructions like the old spice guy does?

No, sorry.

BoozyMcliverRot 06-16-11 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 12794233)
Naw. I can handle it. I'm not in Mensa for nothing
I hit the weights to blow off steam. That's where I met Bree :)
http://www.evilbeetgossip.com/wp-con...06/alfonso.JPG


That is actually Ashlynn brooke

carleton 06-16-11 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoozyMcliverRot (Post 12798209)
That is actually Ashlynn brooke

Haha. Oops. No wonder she got mad at me.

Scrodzilla 06-16-11 05:40 PM

:lol:

Sherblock 06-16-11 05:53 PM

Do I buy a Bob Jackson or a Torelli Corsa Pista?

~Confused and Indecisive

stovb 06-16-11 06:12 PM

do you eat anything in particular, or not eat certain items?

carleton 06-16-11 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherblock (Post 12798670)
Do I buy a Bob Jackson or a Torelli Corsa Pista?

~Confused and Indecisive

Go with the one that excites you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovb (Post 12798743)
do you eat anything in particular, or not eat certain items?

Not eat certain items.

Sherblock 06-16-11 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carleton (Post 12798894)
Go with the one that excites you.

Bob Jackson it is, after I get the money. I have a family member with a Corsa Pista so I guess it's good to be unique.

Dannihilator 06-16-11 09:34 PM

Dear Carleton,

Should I just deal with the rain tomorrow and get a road ride in?

carleton 06-16-11 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannihilator (Post 12799654)
Dear Carleton,

Should I just deal with the rain tomorrow and get a road ride in?

If it's warm rain, yes. Chilly rain, no.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 AM.