Baton Rouge Velodrome Event
We're finally getting people interested in the track here, and have actually been getting decent groups out maybe 3-4 days a week.
The LSU cycling team will be hosting the LAMBRA track championships on October 29th.
On top of the chamionship races, we will be holding several other events throughout the day in which people will be competing for a decent purse.
We are still working out some minor details, but its gonna be a lot of fun. I'll post up all the official information once its finalized.
I'm posting this here because I'm gussing that some people may be interested in it, and we are hoping to get some really experienced people out here from the surrounding areas.
If we nail this event, we shouldn't have a problem getting some collegiate races and other things in the future.
Awesome! Finally! You guys have a great facility. PLEASE host more events!! With the moderate winter maybe you can even sponsor some winter racing.
I'm definitely interested in participating. Please consider offering some sprints and short (5 lap scratch, etc...) events for us non-endurance guys
What is LAMBRA?
Last edited by carleton; 09-08-11 at 02:46 PM.
Also, do you guys have a website, twitter acct, google group, or facebook page where fans can keep up with official news and events?
They will have some short events for sure.
LAMBRA = Louisiana-Mississippi Bicycle Racing Association
There isn't really anywhere to keep up with news right now. As soon as the info gets put somewhere on the internet, I'll link it.
I wont be racing unfortunately. I'm a mechanical engineering senior, and I get to take the FE exam that day.
That is great, keep up the good work, and keep us posted!!!
Finally got stuff finalized(ish?)
Check it out:
This is a great start!
A few notes:
- Most of the stuff below is to avoid whining from competitors during and after the events
- Add the complete address, city, state, zip for those using GPS.
- Do you have a website URL for more info or for last minute updates? Twitter is VERY useful for this. DLV in Atlanta and TTown tweet when races are cancelled or other news. It's very effective.
- In the Events section, list the "200M Sprint" as "Flying 200M Time Trial"
- Define how the Omnium will be scored (I can help you with this)
- Define if out-of-state or out-of-Region racers will be eligible for the championship.
- Define if individual event champions will be awarded medals. Meaning, "Regional Pursuit Champion", "Regional Points Race Champion" etc… like what is done at Nationals, Worlds, and Olympics. This makes people happy. You can still compute the Omnium winner as before. I *think* USA Cycling will provide extra medals for this. But, you'd have to ask them. If only the Omnium Championship is up for grabs, then this is an Omnium Championship event.
- If this is the case, explain that Category 5 racers are not eligible for mass start events (Points, Scratch, Chariot, Miss-n-out, Unknown). But, that's up to you.
- You have a good mix of Omnium and non-Omnium events to give those fighting for the omnium the option to sit out a race to rest.
- You should be explicit about all race distances (in lap count or distances) for the points, scratch, pursuit, and chariot races. I know this is a pain in the butt. But, it answers a ca-jillion questions before they get asked. i.e. Men's 1/2/3 40 lap points race, Women's 20 lap Points Race, or Men's 1/2/3 3K Lap Scratch, etc...
- You may not know the times that the races will take place, but you can set the order ahead of time. I.e.
--- Flying 200M All Categories
--- Junior 1 Lap Chariot
--- Men's Category 5 1 Lap Chariot
--- Women's 1 Lap Chariot
--- Master's 1 Lap Chariot
--- Men's Category 4 1 Lap Chariot
--- Men's Category 1/2/3 1 Lap Chariot
--- Junior 2K Pursuit
--- Women's 3K Pursuit
I know it's exhaustive, but it clears up any "when is it my turn?" confusion ahead of time.
- It's good that you have a long lunch break in case the morning session goes over time and it let's people who only want to do evening races know they can wait till 4PM to show up.
For excellent examples, check out how DLV does it: http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/pag...aceseries.html
Last edited by carleton; 09-22-11 at 12:00 AM.
Thanks for all the suggestions. You can tell we are new to this
Originally Posted by carleton
Another example. This is the MABRA (Mid Atlantic Bicycle Racing Association) Regional Championship (MD, DC, VA, DE): http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=14000
But, I think the DLV example is better.
Everyone is eligible for the LCCS championship.
More specific info will be showing up soon here:
I'll post here when it does I guess.