I'm looking for a good entry level track frame that I can grow into. Why? My Steel 722 is 1- a boat anchor and 2- a size too small (sizing charts for a road bike didn't transfer over well)
I'm looking into these:
Dolan Pre Cursa $350 for the frameset (leaning toward this, seems like the best bang for your buck)
Leader 721 $250 for frame only
Leader 725 $379 frame only (doesn't seem much lighter than the 721...
Not sure if I'm missing much else.
Things that are important to me:
- Stiffness- I'm a big guy, that wants to concentrate on sprint events
- Price- As an entry level frame, I don't quite want to commit a ton of money on it yet. I'd like to keep the frameset under $500
- Standardized parts- I have most of my parts, so needing proprietary parts wouldn't really be doing me a huge favor
- Good value- I want a frame that I can grow into and continue to race with for a few years
- Weight- Doesn't need to be super light, I understand that in this price range it likely will not be. I really just don't want a boat anchor
If I've missed anything on the list of frames, let me know. Other than used, that's all I can think of.