Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/)
-   -   Tiemeyer Surprise! (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/878136-tiemeyer-surprise.html)

Pantani98 03-15-13 03:55 PM

Tiemeyer Surprise!
 
I'd like to put in my entry for wife of the year! My wife is out of town for the day and my daughter and I are hanging out getting ready to leave for dinner. The UPS guy shows up with a package. I was busy and asked my daughter if she wouldn't mind bringing it in. She opens the door and then looks at me and says she's not bringing that big box in. I couldn't imagine how big it could really be, figuring my wife ordered something for the horse. I go to the door and there's the box. And inside the box is this...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps8ad78828.jpg

Right now words do not describe my excitement!!!:D The story behind this is last week I was e-mailing back and forth with Dave and took all the measurements he needed. He had one medium left. As much as I wanted the bike I knew I was going to have to hold off for the meantime. Then I didn't hear back from him and BAM! My wife must've gotten ahold of him. WOW!

Quarker 03-15-13 04:02 PM

You owe her an extra kiss.... That is one sweet wife you got!

Jaytron 03-15-13 04:18 PM

Nice

carleton 03-15-13 07:18 PM

WOW! She's amazing! Lucky guy!

You are gonna love that bike!

Pantani98 03-15-13 08:06 PM

Thanks guys! I'm so psyched! She wants me to build this up the way I really want so in the meantime I'll just admire it while I start parts shopping. And yes, I'm VERY lucky. And Dave was apparently awesome helping her out and as nice as could be.

TrackMonkey7 03-15-13 10:20 PM

I'm very jealous. It's a shame I may never get the chance to race on a Tiemeyer.

Not the Slowest 03-17-13 02:04 PM

Mazal Tov, she's a keeper

Dalai 03-19-13 05:54 AM

Nice Pantani98. Look forward to seeing it built!

Pantani98 03-19-13 07:03 AM

Thanks! It's driving me crazy not to have it built already. But I just need to keep shopping around for parts and picking them up when I can. Right now it looks like I'll have some of the new parts ordered soon and transfer the remaining parts over from my other bike. Wheelset will have to wait so I'll run what's on my other bike for now.

carleton 03-19-13 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantani98 (Post 15404828)
Thanks! It's driving me crazy not to have it built already. But I just need to keep shopping around for parts and picking them up when I can. Right now it looks like I'll have some of the new parts ordered soon and transfer the remaining parts over from my other bike. Wheelset will have to wait so I'll run what's on my other bike for now.

What parts do you need?

I had a 30 minute conversation with Mr. Tiemeyer yesterday. He's an awesome guy.

He's getting out of the game, he still went through the trouble and expense of getting his frames UCI certified! Even though my frame is from 2011, it passes. So, he's sending me a sticker. I have aspirations of racing in Master's Worlds (one day) and it might come in handy.

Pantani98 03-19-13 02:05 PM

Pretty much everything! Dura-Ace track crank and Shimano BB7710 bottom bracket, Thomson stem, handlebar (undecided), and Fi'zi:k Aliante saddle. I've started looking for a good set of used training wheels until I can buy a set of race wheels. Going to put pieces together when I can. Dave found some of the parts I asked him about. I just have to take care of a few things before I start the build. And seeing as I have little patience for waiting, we'll see what happens. I just know what I want for this build and want to stick to it. As long as I can keep riding until then it's all good.

World's would be awesome! You going to Indy this year (stupid question)? What about the National Championships @ Rock Hill in August?

carleton 03-20-13 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantani98 (Post 15406598)
Pretty much everything! Dura-Ace track crank and Shimano BB7710 bottom bracket, Thomson stem, handlebar (undecided), and Fi'zi:k Aliante saddle. I've started looking for a good set of used training wheels until I can buy a set of race wheels. Going to put pieces together when I can. Dave found some of the parts I asked him about. I just have to take care of a few things before I start the build. And seeing as I have little patience for waiting, we'll see what happens. I just know what I want for this build and want to stick to it. As long as I can keep riding until then it's all good.

World's would be awesome! You going to Indy this year (stupid question)? What about the National Championships @ Rock Hill in August?

You can get a decent set of training wheels here for a great price: http://www.velomine.com/

28 or 32 spokes depending on your weight/power.

I'm a big fan of Mavic Ellipse for both training and racing. They are strong and fast. A new set is around $500, used around $300. Maybe get those and not have to worry about buying "race" wheels for a few years?

Get a good chain. I suggest Izumi ECO or KMC K710 or K710-SL (all around $20).

Yeah, the plan is to go to Indy for Masters. I'm not sure about Elites at Rock Hill. I'm in Portland now, so it would be a long, expensive hike.

Pantani98 03-20-13 12:04 PM

Think I'm going to shop for a Mavic Ellipse wheelset.

I've got multiple FSA Track Pro chainrings and an Izumi Model V chain so I'm set there.

I know I saw mention of Portland, but continue to associate you with GA. Rock Hill might be a hike for you. Haha!

carleton 03-20-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantani98 (Post 15410738)
Think I'm going to shop for a Mavic Ellipse wheelset.

I've got multiple FSA Track Pro chainrings and an Izumi Model V chain so I'm set there.

I know I saw mention of Portland, but continue to associate you with GA. Rock Hill might be a hike for you. Haha!

DLV will always be my home track :)

Ray R 03-21-13 12:38 PM

Isn't having the perfect wife a wonderful thing? For our 20th anniversary, I'm being measured for a bespoke Bill Holland titanium frame. All I had to do was supply an equivalent value in high quality diamonds! What a deal!

Pantani98 03-21-13 06:52 PM

Yes it is! I haven't stopped thanking her yet. Haha!!! Awesome about the Holland. When I lived in MD there were a few guys that had Hollands and they absolutely loved them. Enjoy! Something tells me the wife will enjoy the diamonds. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 PM.