Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
  1. #26
    Elite Rider Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Posts
    7,808
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle! View Post
    Hey maybe I'll see you there on the 28th. Still on the fence about going. I'll be doing the long stuff.
    I will be there in the morning for the sprints and afternoon for the endurance sessions.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like my other Southern compadres the track season has just finished. Although I will be racing road TT's through the winter, main focus till September will be only climbing mileage. As I will be spending 3 weeks in the USA riding as many cols as possible.

    On returning I plan on using this altitude training block as the base for the next Summer track season. The National Masters Road Championships are in October which would put my climbing fitness to good use, but I'll be returning from the States with next to no additional leave remaining. So might not be able to take the time off work and make the 700km drive to Goulburn NSW.

    If next years National Track Masters is being held on the East coast, I may fly up to race the pursuit, Scratch and Points. Would like to get my 3km pursuit into the mid 3:3X territory with training focussed to peak for this.
    http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    My Bikes
    Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi road, Panasonic track, Dolan DF3
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1:10 kilo at Hellyer, 1:09 or better at LA.
    Under 12 f-200 at Hellyer, 11.5 at LA.

    And fun, too.

  4. #29
    JMR
    JMR is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai View Post

    If next years National Track Masters is being held on the East coast, I may fly up to race the pursuit, Scratch and Points. Would like to get my 3km pursuit into the mid 3:3X territory with training focussed to peak for this.
    I just got home from National Track Masters in Perth... they said it will be held in Melbourne next year.

    JMR

  5. #30
    JMR
    JMR is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goals for this year... sub 1:07 kilo and 11.1 F200.

    More time on a board track!

    JMR

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I just got home from National Track Masters in Perth... they said it will be held in Melbourne next year.
    Great news. No excuses then!
    http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au

  7. #32
    Senior Member Not the Slowest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Riverdale, NY
    My Bikes
    2002 Seven Axiom
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have way too many options in where to go cause as they say...The only direction from the bottom is upwards.

    Hmmm...let' see.
    a) Become more explosive from the starting gate
    b) Be the one who drafts rather than the draftee, so to speak.
    c) No longer fear Miss and Outs, cause I will not be the first pulled off
    d) Play around with my gearing to find the correct mix for my power

    MOST IMPORTANT>>>To have my fellow racers "FEAR THE BEARD".
    As Last season was my first year and now having the option to race Masters I see many more productive nights as the learning curve has shortened.

    Good Luck All

    Rob
    Robert
    Not The Slowest, Never The Fastest, even Solo

  8. #33
    Senior Member Kayce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get good at B and C becomes much easier.

    Best of luck to everyone, and more importantly work hard!
    If You Meet The Buddha On The Road, Kill Him

  9. #34
    Senior Member Impreza_aL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    My Bikes
    yellow tricycle di2 grip shifters
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stay upright.

  10. #35
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,584
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I've had a more advanced session on the track I have a few things I know I need to work on.

    1. Holding my line. Little different than on the road, but this is more than likely caused by #2.
    2. Lighten up my grip. For some reason I keep going into death grip/locked elbows mode and it's ******' everything up. Nervousness? I don't know for sure, but more track time will definitely help.
    3. Stamina. Ugh. Total pain train. Need to do some intervals, and some climbing work, something to keep the heart rate up. Especially since Hellyer is mostly enduro oriented.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  11. #36
    Italian Stallion mcafiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    2010 Cannondale Supersix; Dolan Df3; 1980's GIOS Pista;
    Posts
    434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about bike handling for me. My 20 second power is already stronger than I was all of last year, so that's great. But I need to hold the sprinters lane when I'm hammering. I guess my other goal is to get anything better than 9th at Master's Nat's this year.
    "Go out hard. When it hurts... speed up"
    I have a grande hairy chest and I am of Italian descent.
    2010 Cannondale Supersix
    2011 Dolan DF3

  12. #37
    Senior Member Impreza_aL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    My Bikes
    yellow tricycle di2 grip shifters
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ nagrom_ were you at hellyer monday night? I was there forgetting all the names of the lines on the track... yes on being more relaxed. it helps with steering and especially when someone bumps you. it was only painful because of the stupid wind. wednesday nights are super short. you're fine with stamina (gearing plays a big role). wednesdays mass start races are 10 laps (we've had 70 people every wednesday about 20 racers in the 5s!) except for the miss and out. don't think too much about winning or losing. it's a training night and it's all about having fun!
    Last edited by Impreza_aL; 04-16-13 at 11:41 PM.

  13. #38
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,584
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza_aL View Post
    ^^ nagrom_ were you at hellyer monday night? I was there forgetting all the names of the lines on the track... yes on being more relaxed. it helps with steering and especially when someone bumps you. it was only painful because of the stupid wind. wednesday nights are super short. you're fine with stamina (gearing plays a big role). wednesdays mass start races are 10 laps (we've had 70 people every wednesday) except for the miss and out. don't think too much about winning or losing. it's a training night and it's all about having fun!
    Yeah I was. I seen your bike on the rack and knew you were there before even meeting you, haha. White guy with glasses, in the blue jersey, on the shiny ass bike, shivering, haha.

    Regardless of the wind, my stamina is junk and can definitely use some work. I ate all my cookies, .

    Definitely fun. I'll be there this Saturday, next Monday, and might make my first race night next Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  14. #39
    Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter Jaytron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic
    Posts
    4,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    Now that I've had a more advanced session on the track I have a few things I know I need to work on.

    1. Holding my line. Little different than on the road, but this is more than likely caused by #2.
    2. Lighten up my grip. For some reason I keep going into death grip/locked elbows mode and it's ******' everything up. Nervousness? I don't know for sure, but more track time will definitely help.
    3. Stamina. Ugh. Total pain train. Need to do some intervals, and some climbing work, something to keep the heart rate up. Especially since Hellyer is mostly enduro oriented.
    This blasted knee injury killed my stamina :|
    PedalRoom

    Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but here's my Strava,
    follow me maybe.

  15. #40
    Senior Member Allegheny Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Medina, OH
    My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Posts
    5,557
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being 60ys old and a track newbie last season I'm more focused on the TT's. My goals are to focus this year's racing on crits (I'm qualified for the National Senior Games in both RR's) and track racing. I have changed my training program since I am not doing long road races or mtb racing this spring and summer. I was a decathlete/sprinter in college track and field and I'm becoming a sprinter once again. I love the mindset that I'm back at. Track specific workouts are much the same as my track workouts back in the day.

    #1, hold the black line at +34mph
    #2, wicked assed starts over the first 125 meters
    #3, continue to develop 450 watts peak power in the aero position to >2.5 minutes (almost there)
    #4, make 30" PP @ 900+ watts repeatable
    #5, visit, train and race on 330 meter tracks before Master’s Nationals.
    #6, go to Master's Nationals and have guys wonder "who’s that?"
    oldschool areodynamic brick

  16. #41
    Elite Rider Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Posts
    7,808
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A'Jet, I am glad that I will be climbing Mount Ventoux on my bicycle tour instead of attending track nationals. At least when I suck climbing Ventoux, hey, I am a trackie climbing a mountain versus getting the snot beat out of me by a rookie in my events.

    You are already a marked man.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

  17. #42
    No matches Flatballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    two wheeled ones
    Posts
    10,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have fun, keep racing. Last year was my first year on the track and first year back riding (I come and go a lot). After some life stuff got in the way for the past 6 months I'm back on the bike and loving it as usual. Got down to the track for the first time this season yesterday, wasn't as bad as I expected.

    My goals are just to have fun racing, having fun training, and let what happens happen.
    It's a bike race, not a tea party. - GirlAnachronism

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    A'Jet, I am glad that I will be climbing Mount Ventoux on my bicycle tour instead of attending track nationals.
    Enjoy! Pack your climbing legs...

    Which way do you plan on hitting Mt Ventoux - via Bédoin?



    Are you hitting any other climbs whilst in France?
    http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au

  19. #44
    Elite Rider Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Posts
    7,808
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai View Post
    Enjoy! Pack your climbing legs...

    Which way do you plan on hitting Mt Ventoux - via Bédoin?



    Are you hitting any other climbs whilst in France?
    I do not know which route up Ventoux. It is a Santana tour. We start in Geneva and we have a luxury river boat that follows us through France. I believe Ventoux is the only climb. When we finish the tour, we are going to London. I wanted to ride the new velodrome but it is closed for a year while the Brits reconfigure the parking and roads.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

  20. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    It is a Santana tour. We start in Geneva and we have a luxury river boat that follows us through France. I believe Ventoux is the only climb. When we finish the tour, we are going to London. I wanted to ride the new velodrome but it is closed for a year while the Brits reconfigure the parking and roads.
    This trip? http://santanatandem.com/Events/PV13.html Looks great! Which ever way you ride up Mt Ventoux, make sure you pack your climbing legs...
    http://climbinglama.blogspot.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •