Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/)
-   -   Interesting finds around the web (http://www.bikeforums.net/track-cycling-velodrome-racing-training-area/929230-interesting-finds-around-web.html)

Quinn8it 03-13-14 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8bits (Post 16575500)
I was not talking about the 2nd rider but the first who swerved on the last moment, she should have slowed down/stopped much earlier since it was a missed start.
not taking the blame from the gate handlers, they should have removed the gate since they saw they were approaching at high speed, it seems it was just a major cluster**** by them all

Some of you will remember watching me and my Team ride 2 full laps at T-Town Masters Nats- a full 666m! Through 7 pistol shots and everyone screaming at us that we had false started..

TT helmets are hard to hear in- and it's very easy to not know it was a false start.. This was all on the gate handlers..

8bits 03-13-14 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn8it (Post 16575563)
Some of you will remember watching me and my Team ride 2 full laps at T-Town Masters Nats- a full 666m! Through 7 pistol shots and everyone screaming at us that we had false started..

TT helmets are hard to hear in- and it's very easy to not know it was a false start.. This was all on the gate handlers..

Cool to know! Thanks guys

carleton 03-13-14 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn8it (Post 16575563)
Some of you will remember watching me and my Team ride 2 full laps at T-Town Masters Nats- a full 666m! Through 7 pistol shots and everyone screaming at us that we had false started..

TT helmets are hard to hear in- and it's very easy to not know it was a false start.. This was all on the gate handlers..

Yeah, I saw that :D

queerpunk 03-13-14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn8it (Post 16575563)
TT helmets are hard to hear in- and it's very easy to not know it was a false start.. This was all on the gate handlers..

TOTALLY.
Add to that the fact of being all hopped up on competition and ready to thrash a short, all-out effort - you're channeling all of your senses into stomping on your pedals. You're not listening for changes in your environment.

gtrob 03-13-14 09:53 PM

It looks like the 2nd rider was a fair bit shorter too. Gate should have been moved, but the first rider probably could have gone up a lot sooner. Scary crash.

zizou 03-14-14 09:31 AM

From what i read elsewhere the rider in question was Irene Aravena and she has a fractured patella which she has already had surgery on which was a success. Whether success means being able to ride again in the future i dont know

zizou 03-14-14 05:07 PM

Will be live streaming of the Revolution track meet on youtube tomorrow https://www.youtube.com/user/FACECycling
Race line up here Revolution Series | Elite track cycling


No coverage from tonight session, however Pervis won the Keirin

carleton 03-26-14 10:47 AM

For the Pursuit Nerds:

Georgia Tech is located in Atlanta and some of the PhD candidates are also trackies:

[video=vimeo;27888384]http://vimeo.com/27888384[/video]
[video=vimeo;27977724]http://vimeo.com/27977724[/video]
[video=vimeo;28059376]http://vimeo.com/28059376[/video]
[video=vimeo;28107150]http://vimeo.com/28107150[/video]
[video=vimeo;28300251]http://vimeo.com/28300251[/video]

carleton 03-26-14 10:48 AM

Last one (only 5 allowed per post)

[video=vimeo;28620479]http://vimeo.com/28620479[/video]

VanceMac 03-26-14 10:52 AM

Oh man, did he just quote Steve Hill? I have to hear this dude's name every frickin day!

Hermes 03-26-14 12:38 PM

Thanks Carlton for the videos.

MarkWW 04-05-14 07:46 PM

Apologies if there's a better thread to post this, or if I shouldn't post it at all. From the Garden State Velodrome Association facebook page:

Quote:

VP Components R73T Clipless Pedal - GSVA ORDER !
31 March 2014 at 14:04
VP Components R73T Clipless Pedal $142.00*


For a limited time GSVA has the opportunity to place an order for a Limited supply of VP' Track Clipless pedal. This pedal use a Keo-compatible (Look) Style cleat, and has the built in feature for the use of a Toe Strap.

Quick Overview
VP-R73T
Features Specifications
Body Aluminum.
Axle CNC machined Cr-Mo.
Binring Adjustable tension (80~180kgf-cm)
VP-R73T TRACK PEDAL

Weight 360 g/pr
as used by GSVA's own Andrew Brennan

GSVA will be making a single order, and your order must be submitted and paid for, by April 7th, 2014.

Includes: Pedals (VP-R73T), with Cleats, and 1 pair-Double Leather Straps (VP-716)(Only Brown avail).

Price $142.00 includes shipping to GSVA.*

A Portion of the amount help to build the Garden State Velodromes Dedicated Track.

Contact GSVA (760) 468-7700

*Shipment will be to GSVA, and will be available for pickup or meet-up. GSVA will not reship, without prior arrangement with Sam.

DMC707 04-07-14 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanceMac (Post 16613275)
Oh man, did he just quote Steve Hill? I have to hear this dude's name every frickin day!

whats wrong with Steve ? ;) (understood if its a personal thing -- i like the dude , --- but hey, some people like Bill Maher -- others don't also)

VanceMac 04-07-14 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMC707 (Post 16650834)
whats wrong with Steve ? ;) (understood if its a personal thing -- i like the dude , --- but hey, some people like Bill Maher -- others don't also)

I'm quite certain he's a great coach (strength and cycling). Because I hear him quoted (either directly or indirectly) almost every day from [MENTION=110157]Quinn8it[/MENTION] . Just a little mock complaining.

DMC707 04-07-14 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanceMac (Post 16650855)
I'm quite certain he's a great coach (strength and cycling). Because I hear him quoted (either directly or indirectly) almost every day from @Quinn8it . Just a little mock complaining.

Gotcha

Dalai 04-08-14 03:58 AM

Who is Steve Hill?

DMC707 04-08-14 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalai (Post 16651638)
Who is Steve Hill?


He's a coach, but also a multi time national masters champ in the kilo -- with times that would have him placing well in elite events too --- He's an outspoken , opinionated guy, but its tough to argue with results

Quinn8it 04-08-14 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMC707 (Post 16652050)
with times that would have him placing well in elite events too --

If by "placing well" you mean- winning the Kilo at Elite Nats in 2006, while in his 40's.. Then yes

DMC707 04-08-14 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinn8it (Post 16652535)
If by "placing well" you mean- winning the Kilo at Elite Nats in 2006, while in his 40's.. Then yes

yes --- my memory is not photographic , --- i recall him saying he was away from the sport for a decade , maybe more -- then came back with a vengeance -- didnt realize he did the elite natz

Trackliche 04-08-14 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalai (Post 16651638)
Who is Steve Hill?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalai (Post 16651638)
Who is Steve Hill?

He's sorta like a mix of Quinn's maniacal obsession with being strong as **** and training hard enough to kill most hooved creatures, Carleton's ever-present attention to detail, and Walt Kowalski's gnarly, yet strangely loveable, demeanor.
He's a bit of a legend amongst internet track dweebs (most of our current company; yours truly very much included). Steve is extremely knowledgeable and can be quite helpful and generous, though he's not known for tolerating fools, wimps, or slackers (at all. Like, at all). I think of him as the hard-nosed adoptive-father character from many a western novel, who's primary literary responsibility is showing the young greenhorn the path to manliness and honor. "I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp; bloodkin to the grizzly that bit Jim Bridger's ass! You are molesting my hunt!"

No ho mo.

-TC

DMC707 04-08-14 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackliche (Post 16654122)
He's sorta like a mix of Quinn's maniacal obsession with being strong as **** and training hard enough to kill most hooved creatures, Carleton's ever-present attention to detail, and Walt Kowalski's gnarly, yet strangely loveable, demeanor.
He's a bit of a legend amongst internet track dweebs (most of our current company; yours truly very much included). Steve is extremely knowledgeable and can be quite helpful and generous, though he's not known for tolerating fools, wimps, or slackers (at all. Like, at all). I think of him as the hard-nosed adoptive-father character from many a western novel, who's primary literary responsibility is showing the young greenhorn the path to manliness and honor. "I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp; bloodkin to the grizzly that bit Jim Bridger's ass! You are molesting my hunt!"

No ho mo.

-TC

So is it true that this is Steve Hill? - thats what i heard (but he may have started the rumor himself)


http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps84c9a3f6.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps2c812722.jpg

Dalai 04-09-14 04:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification...

GhostSS 04-10-14 05:12 AM

Not sure if posted elsewhere in the forums yet, but UCI is discussing revising the weight limit regulations for races:

UCI's "outdated" 6.8kg minimum bike weight rule to be replaced? | BikeRadar

zizou 04-23-14 03:44 PM

[video=youtube;mJHvu_hC9rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJHvu_hC9rg[/video]

carleton 04-23-14 04:11 PM

I used to be proud of jumping on to a 60cm box.

...not anymore :(

Plyo box jumps are an interesting and insightful exercise. I think they are as mentally as they are a physically intense activity. As you progress through your sets, you get to see how the combination of mental focus and warm muscles can make efforts progressively better.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 AM.