Originally Posted by BenjyStoch
Just in the process of upgrading from a (decent) aluminium framed track bike to a DOLAN DF 4.
Anyone with thoughts on the DF4 and the possible improvement I should notice. (My ex aluminium is a Pinarello Pista)
Hi, Benjy. Welcome to the forum.
A few general differences you may notice going from aluminum to carbon:
- The carbon will absorb bumps and vibration better.
- Depending on the weave, it may actually be less stiff than aluminum. It may have a little rigid springy-ness as opposed to rigid stiffness of aluminum.
- The weight could be the very similar
- The fork offset of the DF4 is shorter (30mm vs 38mm), so it will be a bit more nimble
- Be sure to use carbon grit paste on the seat post of the DF4 to make sure it doesn't slip into the frame.
That's about it, I guess.