Number of minutes in (parentethes)
Monday Swim (45) Run (20)
Tuesday Bike (45 x 2, commute to and from work)
Thursday Bike (45 x 2, commute to and from work)
Friday: Swim (45) Run (20)
Saturday: Bike (60) Swim (45)
Total time: 415 minutes (6:55)
1. I structured this around the fact that I regularly bike to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, something I really enjoy. On my commute to work, I tend to push myself and often do a few intervals. On the ride home, I like to spin at about 75% of my max hr. My weekend ride is a long "scenic" that may very well last considerably longer than 60 minutes. Is that bad?
2. I noted that nearly all of the training plans on this site include two recovery days. How vital is that? Do I really need two? If I wanted to increase my swimming, could add one more workout on one of those days?
3. I already have a strong base for cycling and swimming, dispite the fact that I'm coming off of an injury (un-related to sports). However, I don't presently run. I actually bike and swim more than what I have in my plan. When I add in the running, as I have, do I really need to deduct from the biking and the swimming in order to avoid "overtraining."
4. Time contraints often cause my swim workouts to get cut short. Is there any problem with going to the pool twice a day, for a half hour each time?
5. How flexible can I be? If I'm sitting around on a Sunday (like today) and want to go to the pool or take off on my bike, is there a problem with an "extra credit" workout on my day off? Or is it etched in stone that I need two recovery days each week?
6. My plan is to increast the times by about 10% each week. Or should I go faster and focus on my distances?