Im not really training to compete in anything, but mainly to extend my ride distance and speed for my personal enjoyment. I started riding, just under 3 weeks ago. Started off with 15 miles and have worked up to 70 as of yesterday. I normally lift three times a week, but havent been because I have enjoyed cycling so much. I will be starting again shortly, with short rides couple with lifting on a particular day, though I plan on not riding on days when I do legs. I have a few questions.
1. should I have a day that I take a break from everything? Just plain rest so that my body gets a day off. currently, I have had one day off a week just by accident, but wouldnt if things hadnt gotten in the way.
2. Should I only push myself on rides once or twice a week? 50+ miles with a solid pace
3. How does recovery work with cycling. Im used to lifting, running, and elliptical in gym. I often do a rather bad job of recovery. Its one of my biggest weak spots in my workouts.
4. Does it matter when you eat after workouts?
5. anyone have a link to some good articles or advice?