Had this on the ROAD portion of BF, but figured this might generate some more interest here in the Training Forum.
Have read great advice on a range of topics here at BF, so thought I'd throw one out for the masses.
I have a bike trip planned in early July that will be four or five days of 80 - 100 mile rides each day in the New Hampshire White Mtns.
Here's what I want:
- loose 8-10 lbs before the trip
- increase my climbing ability as much as possible in this short time frame
- increase overall fitness so I can enjoy the trip as much as possible
Here's what I have available:
- time: most weekends to do any length of ride
- hills - nothing big in my immediate area, but have a few 1/2 mile hills that I can do repeats on
- hills - have some good ones an hour and a half away, so I planned to make a few weeks of driving to this location to get some hill training in
- time: mornings - have a good hour-to-hour and a half each morning before work to train
- time: after work - have the odd hour or so after work to train
- local gym around the corner for any weight lifting that could help
What sort of training should I focus on? Anyone out there want to take a stab at a training regiment?
I'm hoping to ride 4-5 days a week with bigger rides on the weekends. I was thinking of doing hill repeats one day a week for an hour or so. Any use going to the gym to hit the leg weights at all?
Thanks for any advice!