Typical week ...
1. Monday / Rest day ... 1.5 liters water excluding food
2. Tuesday / Hard training race ... 1.5 liters water excluding food, 2+ bottles HEED during race, another 1 liter after race, race lasts no more than 2 hours.
3. Wednesday / Endurance ... 1.5 liters water during work, 1 bottle/hour water or HEED during training
4. Thursday / Rest day ... 1.5 liters water excluding food
5. Friday / Easy spin ... 1.5 liters water excluding food, 1 bottle/hour water or HEED during training
6. Saturday / Hard training ride (4 hours) ... 0.5 liters before ride, attempt to drink during the ride, but usually have to pee so badly after one hour in that I stop drinking. Find a pisser after the ride and then proceed to play catch up with my hydration for the rest of the day which results in having to pee quite frequently.
7. Sunday / suffer through all of the symptoms of a hangover due to dehydration, feel like crap most of the day, suck down as much water as possible. Maybe go for a ride, most likely not.
I don't do diuretics (coffee or other caffinated foods/beverages).
I'm tired of feeling like crap on Sundays. I think the solution may be to taper the water going into Sat, but this runs counter to logic if I'm crashing at the end of the ride on Sat. Perhaps the net gain is greater when I can drink more on Sat as a result of drinking less on Friday. Thoughts?