Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-08, 10:32 PM   #1
EJ123
'05 NUEser
Thread Starter
 
EJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I run to lose fat?

-How often
-For how long; I can barely manage to jog half a mile before walking
-What are decent shoes
-It would have to be from 6-8pm
-What do I eat/drink before/during/after
-Should I bike first
-When do I add my dumbbells (I have 5,10,15,20,30lbs)
-Should I set a goal of miles to run each week
-Should I alternate run/bike and weight/basketball days?

Thanks.
EJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 12:38 AM   #2
moyieriverman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Lake City
Bikes:
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd start with walking three miles a day at a good pace. Walking is just as healthy for you as jogging but with a lot less impact on the joints. That's what I started doing. I then worked on increasing my pace and then distance. I did this M-F. Now I typically do 4 miles carrying 10lb weights. Results: lost 171 lbs in under 9 months. I also began WW and eat healthier now.
moyieriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 12:57 AM   #3
Machka 
Long Distance Cyclist
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I ride where the thylacine roamed!
Bikes: Lots
Posts: 46,010
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli...mendations.htm

PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Engage in regular physical activity and reduce sedentary activities to promote health, psychological well-being, and a healthy body weight.
--- To reduce the risk of chronic disease in adulthood: Engage in at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity, above usual activity, at work or home on most days of the week.
--- For most people, greater health benefits can be obtained by engaging in physical activity of more vigorous intensity or longer duration.
--- To help manage body weight and prevent gradual, unhealthy body weight gain in adulthood: Engage in approximately 60 minutes of moderate- to vigorous-intensity activity on most days of the week while not exceeding caloric intake requirements.
--- To sustain weight loss in adulthood: Participate in at least 60 to 90 minutes of daily moderate-intensity physical activity while not exceeding caloric intake requirements. Some people may need to consult with a healthcare provider before participating in this level of activity.
- Achieve physical fitness by including cardiovascular conditioning, stretching exercises for flexibility, and resistance exercises or calisthenics for muscle strength and endurance.

-----------------

Go to Runner's Den or a place like that and have them set you up with a decent pair of shoes for you and the type of activity you want to do.

There's nothing wrong with exercising between 6 and 8 pm.

Right now you might want to focus on time rather than distances ... in your case, you should probably be aiming for 90 minutes of moderate exercise a day, and that exercise can consist of a variety of things such as brisk walking, cycling, weightlifting, etc. It doesn't really matter if you cycle first or walk first or whatever.
Machka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 06:04 AM   #4
kimolop
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EJ, I would suggest walking at a good pace for a length of time (e.g. 30 minutes), as opposed to a specific distance. Or jog, walk, etc. The most important thing is to do it every day. Consistency in exercise is what seems to work best. Keeps your metabolism elevated.
kimolop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 08:10 AM   #5
kuan
Twincities MN
 
kuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Salsa, Cannondale, Surly.
Bikes:
Posts: 2,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimolop View Post
EJ, I would suggest walking at a good pace for a length of time (e.g. 30 minutes), as opposed to a specific distance. Or jog, walk, etc.
Definitely jog/walk. Get Jeff Galloway's book.
__________________
www.marrow.org
kuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 09:38 PM   #6
aham23
grilled cheesus
 
aham23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 8675309
Bikes: 2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
Posts: 6,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ123 View Post
-How often
-For how long; I can barely manage to jog half a mile before walking
-What are decent shoes
-It would have to be from 6-8pm
-What do I eat/drink before/during/after
-Should I bike first
-When do I add my dumbbells (I have 5,10,15,20,30lbs)
-Should I set a goal of miles to run each week
-Should I alternate run/bike and weight/basketball days?

Thanks.

too much thinking. just do it. walk and run, ride and stop............just do it. any type of excersize is helpful. worry about the little details when you are in a position to worry about them. for example, i am running 20 miles a week and need better running shoes. later.
__________________
aham23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 07:58 PM   #7
wickedxawesome
Senior Member
 
wickedxawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyieriverman View Post
I'd start with walking three miles a day at a good pace. Walking is just as healthy for you as jogging but with a lot less impact on the joints. That's what I started doing. I then worked on increasing my pace and then distance. I did this M-F. Now I typically do 4 miles carrying 10lb weights. Results: lost 171 lbs in under 9 months. I also began WW and eat healthier now.

171 lbs! thats awesome! congrats!
wickedxawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 08:31 PM   #8
uptight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: near Sacramento, CA
Bikes: 2 CX bikes, a road bike, a MTB
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started running in November 'cause I was burned out on the bike. I use a run/walk program which I found on the web. Basically you alternate running a few minutes and walking 1 minute; and increase the running time until you build up your endurance. When I started, I barely made it 2 miles. Now I'm running ~ 6.5 miles in 62 minutes and doing this consistently 3x per week. Funny thing is I haven't lost a single pound. Good luck.
uptight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 09:06 PM   #9
PDay
Road Runner
 
PDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, MS
Bikes: Specialized Allez Triple
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoever says walking is just as beneficial as running is full of crap, no offense moyierverman.

But yes, start with a few miles a day and work up. When you can get some more miles under your belt, you want to run at a moderate pace of 65-70% of your MHR. This is the best target zone for fat burning. Good thing is, cyclists seem to be in-tune with their heart rates much more than runners are, so hopefully you already know what this range is for you.

edit: walk/run programs are good for starting off, so walking IS beneficial when starting out, but the ultimate end is to RUN, not to walk, to explain my first line up there.
PDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 01:33 PM   #10
Pat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Bikes: litespeed, cannondale
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well running to lose weight is not really good.

The problem is that no matter how much one exercises, one can sabotage it very quickly by eating too much or the wrong kind of stuff. Also, it takes a pot load of exercise to burn a lb of fat (3500 calories). That is also assuming that one does not eat any more than normal as a consequence of exercising which just is not going to be true.

What has worked for me is a 2 pronged approach. I exercise more AND I watch my diet both in calories and in the kind of things I am eating. Dropping the nasty stuff often makes a big difference without producing privation.

One problem with weight loss is it is so boring and one seems to never even get anywhere. When I am exercising, I have all sorts of other goals to meet or ones that I hit without planning for it. One has faster speeds, longer distances, less fatigue, muscles that are in tone and all sorts of positive things. That way losing pounds is not the only goal. For me, it produces far more in the way of "rewards" so I stick with the program.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 06:50 PM   #11
mateo44
mateo for short
 
mateo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Well running to lose weight is not really good.
Hogwash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
The problem is that no matter how much one exercises, one can sabotage it very quickly by eating too much or the wrong kind of stuff. Also, it takes a pot load of exercise to burn a lb of fat (3500 calories). That is also assuming that one does not eat any more than normal as a consequence of exercising which just is not going to be true.
But that's true of any exercise, not just running. If you create a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. That's just physics. You'll get a 3500 calorie deficit by averaging a 500 calorie deficit per day over the course of a week. And no, it does not assume that one does not eat any more than normal. It's the deficit that matters. I certainly eat more than normal on big work out days -- just not so much as to replace ALL the calories I've burned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
What has worked for me is a 2 pronged approach. I exercise more AND I watch my diet both in calories and in the kind of things I am eating. Dropping the nasty stuff often makes a big difference without producing privation.
That's great. But why can't "exercising more" include running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
One problem with weight loss is it is so boring and one seems to never even get anywhere. When I am exercising, I have all sorts of other goals to meet or ones that I hit without planning for it. One has faster speeds, longer distances, less fatigue, muscles that are in tone and all sorts of positive things. That way losing pounds is not the only goal. For me, it produces far more in the way of "rewards" so I stick with the program.
Not everyone finds it boring. What do you mean "one seems to never get anywhere?" This site is full of weight loss stories.
__________________
<< no sig at this time >>

Last edited by mateo44; 03-20-08 at 06:59 PM.
mateo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 08:13 PM   #12
LlewelynCycles
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
High Intensity Interval Training, or interval sprints, will melt fat right off your body. I run for 20 minutes, 3 nights a week. HIIT: jog for a few minutes to warm up, then for 30 seconds or as long as you can sprint all-out, as fast as you can. After your sprint, slow to a jog again and cool off for 3-5 minutes. Do four or five sprints per session.
LlewelynCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 03:47 PM   #13
kopid03
Runner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyieriverman View Post
I'd start with walking three miles a day at a good pace. Walking is just as healthy for you as jogging but with a lot less impact on the joints. That's what I started doing. I then worked on increasing my pace and then distance. I did this M-F. Now I typically do 4 miles carrying 10lb weights. Results: lost 171 lbs in under 9 months. I also began WW and eat healthier now.
walking with weights is probably as bad on your joints as running. high impact exercise helps to strengthen your bones though, so you do need some. running will burn more calories in the same amount of time, so while walking is ok at first, it should progress into running more and more.
kopid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 05:29 PM   #14
kuan
Twincities MN
 
kuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Salsa, Cannondale, Surly.
Bikes:
Posts: 2,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A really good way if you want to do it on foot is to go backpacking.
__________________
www.marrow.org
kuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 07:04 PM   #15
madprofessor100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlewelynCycles View Post
High Intensity Interval Training, or interval sprints, will melt fat right off your body. I run for 20 minutes, 3 nights a week. HIIT: jog for a few minutes to warm up, then for 30 seconds or as long as you can sprint all-out, as fast as you can. After your sprint, slow to a jog again and cool off for 3-5 minutes. Do four or five sprints per session.
This is a good way to develop as a runner, but I don't think it's the best way to lose weight. High intensity workouts rely on glycogen rather than fat, which means that you're going to be craving carbohydrates after your workout. This will make it difficult to control your eating for the rest of the day, especially if you don't eat a good recovery meal/snack. Focus on time not intensity: try and sustain a slow jog for as long as possible. Be consistent and try to do some kind of workout everyday (except for your day off, of course).

As far as shoes go, any reputable brand should be ok unless you have had foot problems in the past. When you get up to 30 or 40 miles a day, ask this question again (on a running forum).
madprofessor100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 07:31 PM   #16
zoeglassjd
Senior Member
 
zoeglassjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shoes: I highly recommend going to a running specialty shop and have them give you a gait analysis and fit you in a pair. Most shoes there won't be that much more than getting a pair at Dick's etc.

It will make all the difference. Best way to lose weight Long Slow Distance. Run/Walk and work up to running 40-60 minutes. Coolrunning.com has a nice plan called couch to 5k.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
zoeglassjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 07:31 PM   #17
Machka 
Long Distance Cyclist
 
Machka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I ride where the thylacine roamed!
Bikes: Lots
Posts: 46,010
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
So how's it going? You posted this 2 weeks ago, so I assume you've been out walking/running/cycling at least 10 days in that 2 weeks now. Are you finding it any easier? I know that after my first week of walking 15+ kms a week, it came easier and I started getting faster.
Machka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 07:58 PM   #18
PDay
Road Runner
 
PDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, MS
Bikes: Specialized Allez Triple
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo44 View Post
Hogwash.



But that's true of any exercise, not just running. If you create a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. That's just physics. You'll get a 3500 calorie deficit by averaging a 500 calorie deficit per day over the course of a week. And no, it does not assume that one does not eat any more than normal. It's the deficit that matters. I certainly eat more than normal on big work out days -- just not so much as to replace ALL the calories I've burned.



That's great. But why can't "exercising more" include running?



Not everyone finds it boring. What do you mean "one seems to never get anywhere?" This site is full of weight loss stories.


as an 80-90 mpw runner, agreed my friend. agreed.
PDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 09:49 PM   #19
RCordone
cyclopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NY
Bikes:
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went through some weight issues about 10 years ago, I was nearly 60 pounds overweight. Doctor prescribed walking until I was down within 15 pounds of my normal weight (180). I walked 6.2 miles a day (90-95 minutes @ 4mph) 5 days a week and ate a 2000 calorie/ low fat diet . I lost on average 2 lbs a week. When I started running I lost about an extra 1/2 pound per week running the same distance. I never liked running so I gave up the running and mixed walking days with cycling days . I lost the 60 pounds in about 7 months
RCordone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 12:10 PM   #20
madprofessor100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo44 View Post

But that's true of any exercise, not just running. If you create a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. That's just physics. You'll get a 3500 calorie deficit by averaging a 500 calorie deficit per day over the course of a week. And no, it does not assume that one does not eat any more than normal. It's the deficit that matters. I certainly eat more than normal on big work out days -- just not so much as to replace ALL the calories I've burned.
I don't think its that simple for someone who is just starting to exercise. I don't know how much the original poster weighs, but being overweight makes it ten times more difficult to run. Eating 500 extra calories or more a day is extremely easy! A little bit of extra butter here, an extra beer there because you've "earned it" by exercising. Someone who has been running for a long time wouldn't think of rewarding him or herself for running 3 miles. For people who don't run regularly, the amount of effort that they feel they've put in after running 3 miles at a 10min/mile pace is tremendous, since they're body's not used to it. Also, some people just don't lose weight as easily as others, so its important for the original poster to follow a strict diet and find out what s/he can get away with, as far as calories go. And hey, I think we've all seen some professional athletes looking a bit pudgy during the off season.
madprofessor100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 03:16 PM   #21
Lake_Tom
Avoid trauma
 
Lake_Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dirty old town
Bikes: 2001 Bianchi Eros (my baby), 1994 Trek 930, Raleigh Twenty Folding Bike (For Sale)
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Run on alternate days--your body needs the rest to recover
At your training level, run at a speed where you can converse and/or not have to breathe through your mouth (panting)
Walk, don't run, down hills. Hard on the knees.
I like: run two minutes, walk two minutes, repeat for 20 minutes. In time, you can increase the running part of that training and add time to overall training.
I don't see any point in sprinting.
Please consult somebody who knows feet like a good shoe shop or a podiatrist before you start.

A nod to PDay and Mateo44 upthread. Best of health to you.
Lake_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 03:25 PM   #22
PDay
Road Runner
 
PDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oxford, MS
Bikes: Specialized Allez Triple
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake_Tom View Post
Run on alternate days--your body needs the rest to recover
At your training level, run at a speed where you can converse and/or not have to breathe through your mouth (panting)
Walk, don't run, down hills. Hard on the knees.
I like: run two minutes, walk two minutes, repeat for 20 minutes. In time, you can increase the running part of that training and add time to overall training.
I don't see any point in sprinting.
Please consult somebody who knows feet like a good shoe shop or a podiatrist before you start.

A nod to PDay and Mateo44 upthread. Best of health to you.

Thanks.

People say that runners get injured lots, and in fact that is how I came into cycling. I now think that lots of runners get injured because of a lack of knowledge. I haven't been injured in over a year now because I stretch VERY well, as in 20 minutes at a time, I do ice baths every other day and eat well. I wasn't as consistent in all of this, and thats what got me injured.

I think that many people are just too lazy to put in the time and effort to prevent injury, again, I was too lazy to do it myself consistently before a year or so ago.
PDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 05:04 PM   #23
Lake_Tom
Avoid trauma
 
Lake_Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dirty old town
Bikes: 2001 Bianchi Eros (my baby), 1994 Trek 930, Raleigh Twenty Folding Bike (For Sale)
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDay View Post
People say that runners get injured lots, and in fact that is how I came into cycling.
I was running and doing karate on alternate days. When my karate teacher moved, I switched to a school where we trained on a school basketball court over a concrete pad. The teacher had us doing these poorly-conceived, no make that stupid, high impact jumps. I developed plantar fascitis, which is like a nuclear version of flat feet. Some plantar fascitis sufferers end up with a permanent limp in their gait. I got off lucky, I don't. I wear orthotics. I can hike or backpack moderate distances, but a few days of that makes my foot hurt. Cannot run. I'm a little annoyed.

As for dieting, I eat a 98% vegetarian diet and most of my meals are low fat. Still room in the plan for the occasional pizza. My angle is seasoning like parsely or Mrs. Dash and I think my meals taste quite appetizing.

Cannot wait to ride again. It was 17 degrees at dawn in Ohio.
Lake_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 05:24 PM   #24
mateo44
mateo for short
 
mateo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madprofessor100 View Post
I don't think its that simple for someone who is just starting to exercise. I don't know how much the original poster weighs, but being overweight makes it ten times more difficult to run. Eating 500 extra calories or more a day is extremely easy! A little bit of extra butter here, an extra beer there because you've "earned it" by exercising. Someone who has been running for a long time wouldn't think of rewarding him or herself for running 3 miles. For people who don't run regularly, the amount of effort that they feel they've put in after running 3 miles at a 10min/mile pace is tremendous, since they're body's not used to it. Also, some people just don't lose weight as easily as others, so its important for the original poster to follow a strict diet and find out what s/he can get away with, as far as calories go. And hey, I think we've all seen some professional athletes looking a bit pudgy during the off season.
That's true, but I don't recall anything in the OP that would make me assume he/she is overweight. My comments were very general, and mostly a response to the idea that running can't be a part of a weight loss plan. Obviously, if someone is physically unable to run, my comments don't apply.

Eating an extra 500 calories is extremely easy, just as you say. That's why so many people wind up overweight. That's also why it's key, in my opinion, to track your food intake semi-religiously -- that's the only way you can really know what's going in.

Your points are well taken.
__________________
<< no sig at this time >>
mateo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 03:21 PM   #25
tdbmd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NE
Bikes:
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
+1 for the walk/run starting program. There are a number of variations. The simplest is to get to where you can walk at a decent pace (3.5-4 mph) for 30 minutes without difficulty and then add 1 min of slow jogging to each 5 minute interval, so 1 min jog/4 min walk. Then add 1 min of jogging and subtract 1 min of walkin every week or two. Rest days are important, so incorporate them into the plan as well. Pretty soon you will be to a point where you can jog the entire 30 minutes, then where you want to go with it from there is up to you, increase time, increase speed, whatever. Good luck.
tdbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.