I just turned 18 a recently have gained a lot of weight due to stress and medication. Most of the weight is of course in my mid-section. I am currently 159 at 5FT 3IN. I was 135 not so long ago.
I have a few questions, and I apologize if the answers can be found somewhere else. There are too many posts and too little time on my part to read them all.
1. Do I really need and indoor trainer like a Cycleops? If so, why?
2. I need to be at a weight of about 130lbs. Any diets that are favorited in the cycling world?
3. I am staring my rides of at about 20 Miles per day, 3 days a week. Is this enough? (I Might possibly add a cardio video or weight training on off days)
4. How much water should I bring during a 20 Mile ride? (I have one of those packs that holds 2 Liters.)
5. How do I know if I over-drink on a ride? Is it dangerous to do so?
6. Should I eat a snack during the ride, even if it is only 20 Miles? What should it be.
These are just a few of the questions I have to ask. I figure I'll slowly ask them in incriments and read previous posts :-)
Please do not feel obligated to answer all of the questions. Any and All insight is very much appreciated.